Tarty Days 2011

AdamR28

I really want to go but I may have to bring my son with me as my wife is due to have a Cesarean on the 10th and i cant expect her to cope with a new-born and a 5yr old on her own, is anyone else bringing kids with them or is it best not to?

And for those worried about their low standard of riding, don't be. I'll be worse than you

It's totally open to everyone.

Woodfest is a 100% family friendly event so bring em along.

Take a look at http://www.woodfestwales.co.uk (Woodfest is the event that Tarty Days is twinned with) and you'll see that there will be loads of none riding related activities to do, suitable for all ages, alongside the amazing riding arenas.

Related news: Hopefully gonna be heading off to the site this weekend to grab some photos and make some ramps/kickers - let me know what you people (realistically!!) would like (Y)

Good news on the removal of the Ft. Bill clash - that was a shocker. Really hoping I'll be able to go now! On the ramps side of things - I recently designed a modular ramp system based on 4' wide, 4' high, 8' radius quarter pipes (makes best use of 8x4 sheets, see). Each one is split into 3 parts - lower tranny, upper tranny and a box. Each part is 2' high on its own. Gives you LOADS of options for big ramps, small ramps, fun boxes, spines, shallow or steep kickers, gaps, you name it. Sounds more complicated than it is, honest! I made two sets and it works great. If you want more details, I'll sketch out plans and dimensions for you.

Good news on the removal of the Ft. Bill clash - that was a shocker. Really hoping I'll be able to go now! On the ramps side of things - I recently designed a modular ramp system based on 4' wide, 4' high, 8' radius quarter pipes (makes best use of 8x4 sheets, see). Each one is split into 3 parts - lower tranny, upper tranny and a box. Each part is 2' high on its own. Gives you LOADS of options for big ramps, small ramps, fun boxes, spines, shallow or steep kickers, gaps, you name it. Sounds more complicated than it is, honest! I made two sets and it works great. If you want more details, I'll sketch out plans and dimensions for you.

As said right from the start, the date was always going to be the same as the Woodfest - so we can't do anything about any clashes unfortunately.

That sounds pretty spot on, although we've only got a day to make them... Don't suppose you have any photos of your setup? Sketches would be equally awesome, although I understand they will probably take you a fair while to do! We can infer the rest of the dimensions from the height of 2' you see :) Thanks!

Had a bit of a bash at making some kit on Saturday - massive thanks to Simon at The Oak Frame Company for letting us use his stuff, plus 'Skinny Dave', Matt and my dad for lending a hand too :)

The two kickers we have some far will form part of a larger fun box which will also have two flat landing ramps (which will also be useful as flat banks) - I'll do some doodles to help explain soon! Also going to make a flat bank with a rail across half of the top of it, plus we've got some mini-kickers which should be useful for ramping up stuff.

We're running pretty tight on time but if there is anything small that you would like too just shout!

Anyway, pics...

Our workspace for the day - amazing place!

1.jpg

Matt and Dave marking out the sides for the ramps

2.jpg

Mini-kicker side bits

3.jpg

Taking shape...

4.jpg

If you see this sight in future, don't go near!! Nailgun-equipped madman on the rampage!

5.jpg

Ply on top, nearly there...

6.jpg

Testing!

7.jpg

Mini kickers (got 2 of the larger ones, will test in the coming wheels and tweak if necessary)

8.jpg

What we have so far - other ramp needs ply on top of course!

9.jpg

And here's one Matt and Dave made last week... Expect to see Ali C backflipping off this :P

10.jpg

Ok, who's on near enough this route that isn't driving themselves, wants to go for all 3 days and share diesel costs?

Can't promise you'll be able to actually stay in the motorhome, but I might as well take advantage of the fact there's a load of space in there for people and bikes on the way there and back...

EDIT: PM me and we'll try to sort something out. Not even 100% sure I can get there yet but it's getting too close not to organise...

Edited by JDâ„¢

No worries (Y) Make sure you get a 3-dayer (even if you are only staying for 2 - only £4 extra) as you'll get a free T and free burger with it!

Ah see I wanted the tshirt but cant make all three days, now that there is a free burger aswell it makes no sense to buy a 2 day ticket :D

I would have taken JD up on the lift, but Im only doing 2 days and I need to pick up a gecko from rhyll after I leave so its a bit unfair to impose that on someone else :)

Quit my job so i can attend such events. Hopefully don't have to drive this one solo too.

[edit]

Just to clarify, we need to get there before 10.30am for the separate parking, yeah?

Edited by eskimo

Any Southerners heading up on the Sunday? Begrudginly I have to attend a wedding on the Saturday and would love a lift if one's available

Im only doing 2 days but could probably be persuaded to do sunday/monday, gives me a 3 day weekend then :)

edit: If I only go for the sunday/monday, can I still qualify for a free tshirt and burger by paying for the three day ticket? :unsure:

Shaun, if you want a lift you would have to make it over to lichfield (40mins from new street). Ive also got to collect a gecko on the way home but thats only in rhyll so no massive detour.

Edited by forteh