Inspired Fourplay Vs. Onza Zoot

Inspired-1990

Hello,

I'm wanting to get into trials riding and as i currently ride a 24" jump, i am used to the feel, and i like the look.

So iv'e been looking around and the Onza Zoot and the Inspired Fourplay both seem like nice bikes, but as i have never ridden either of the two i have no idea which to go for...

Anyone got any tips or advice on which one i should buy...?

Thanks!!

Having not ridden the new zoot myself, I can't say whether it rides well or not. But I have heard good things about them.

If it was me choosing between them, I think it would come down to budget. If my budget was low... I would go for the zoot. If I had the money to spend I would spend the extra on the inspired which Is a better quality frame and is built with better quality components.

the fourplay, havnt rode one but they are very popular so i guess they must be prety good :) not unless you where thinking of the onza zoot pro frame kit and building it up ? :)

chris

Hmm, i did look at the pro frame kit but i thought that might come to quite a bit of money, thought i would get a lush bike at the end...

Inspired Fourplay in mint green look's amazing but do i really want to go for looks (nooo)

Having not ridden the new zoot myself, I can't say whether it rides well or not. But I have heard good things about them.

If it was me choosing between them, I think it would come down to budget. If my budget was low... I would go for the zoot. If I had the money to spend I would spend the extra on the inspired which Is a better quality frame and is built with better quality components.

Very good point... the onza zoot is about half the price of the fourplay so i could completely upgrade the parts if i needed too. I think the brakes on the zoot would have to go.

Thanks

The zoot and zoot PRO are alot lighter than the 4play though (which will make everything easier), and this full build

http://www.rocknrollbikes.com/special-offers/onza-zoot-pro-24-wheel-complete-cycle.html#Brakes=Onza Elite Hydraulic Disc

is the only sub 10kg pre-built 24in I know of.

AND you can buy it with hope discs as well for a bit extra cash.

I reckon you should at least give this some cosideration.

Edited by CC12345678910

i ride the 2010 onza zoot around norwich and long stratton. its a great bike i think but i have upgraded quite alot of bits scince having it.

hydraulic disc front (with hose run through headset and forks.)

white inspired seat. for looks

fatter front tyre

thick foam grips

carbon brake booster on the back

extended white rear brake cable allowing for 720 degree turns. (still runing v brakes cos they are strong)

upgraded stem

bigger white platform pedals

white echo rim tape. for looks

i would say get the zoot and upgrade it, still cheaper than the inspired and you can upgrade over time.

but then again i am biased

i have a Onza Zoot and it is a really good ride there has not been any problems with it well apart from i managed to buckle the back wheel but if you get a Onza Zoot you can easily upgrade parts where as the Inspired Fourplay will be more expensive even though it has some good parts its just £1000 more expensive

I've had a ride about on a Onza Zoot a couple of times now and they are really nice to ride, however I'm used to riding a mod so it just didn’t feel as 'trialsy' at all, but never the less it was very fun. The Zoot would be a good place to start but if you are defiantly considering upgrading it to a high spec then you might as well got for an Inspired as they've already got that top spec you want. Just a quick question, what Inspired was it you had in mind? As there are a few different models and builds now.

I've had a ride about on a Onza Zoot a couple of times now and they are really nice to ride, however I'm used to riding a mod so it just didn’t feel as 'trialsy' at all, but never the less it was very fun. The Zoot would be a good place to start but if you are defiantly considering upgrading it to a high spec then you might as well got for an Inspired as they've already got that top spec you want. Just a quick question, what Inspired was it you had in mind? As there are a few different models and builds now.

Oh thanks, i was thinking about the Inspired Fourplay Pro or team not too sure though. But i think i might go for the onza zoot and upgrade the brakes. cheers.

Does anone know if the onza zoot has disc hubs?? THANKYOU!! :D

I have a zoot and like it very much, I have never ridden a fourplay so can't compare, however I think the two can't really be compared the zoot is half the price of the fourplay and is built on a much lower budget. Most of the parts on the fourplay are far better quality. However the zoot is still alot of bike for your money. I have upgraded the brakes as well as a few other parts on my zoot and spent around £300 on upgrade parts, as much as I like the zoot I wish I just paid out the extra cash from day one and brought the fourplay!