Site News: Buysell

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/buysell/

Following on from a thread in the For Sale section, I've added a new 'BuySell' system to the forum which should make it much easier for buyers to find items, and easier for sellers to keep track of their adverts.

This is only a trial run, but for all intents and purposes (I don't really understand that phrase), you're free to start using it. We'll be trialling it for a month or so. If it turns out to be rubbish or not suitable for us, it will be scapped. So please start using it so we can see if its worth keeping or not :)

The for sale forums won't be affected, at least until we've made a decision on the new section.

Suggestions/feedback welcome :)

Looks good (Y)

What section would bash guards go under? And sprockets? ...Or am I being thick (More than likely)

Gah, I dunno. I stuck it all under drivetrain. But suggestions very welcome on how to split it up better. I feel like forks, stems, handlebars and headsets should all be under the same category, but I don't know what to call it... probably missed a load out too!

Can I suggest a 'Control' section for Bars/Stems/etc or put those bits in the 'Other Stuff' section? Loads of bars and stems go through the system... I'm sure you've thought it through though!

EDIT: Otherwise looks amazing, gotta say.

Edited by JDâ„¢

Can I suggest a 'Control' section for Bars/Stems/etc or put those bits in the 'Other Stuff' section? Loads of bars and stems go through the system... I'm sure you've thought it through though!

EDIT: Otherwise looks amazing, gotta say.

cheers, done :)

and hubs...

added under wheels

Absolutely, have a look on CRC if you get stuck, that's all broken down into categories that make sense :)

good plan, forgot about that!

Ooh, that's swish. 24" tyre added partly as a test (but actually for sale!). Can I suggest (if possible) including the sellers feedback in some form in their respective adverts? Just as a percentage positive or whatever?

Edit: I guess the reputation gives some indication to a seller's character but feedback would still be cool. Tom- your question confuses me!!

Just added my hub. I like it! But I can see it being abit annoying if you have lots of things too sell. Personally I think I could put up with that though.

EDIT: Also what happens when the timer runs out? Does it automatically close?

Edited by Mikee

Looks really good, better than I expected. So easy to find parts. I like how you see a image, a title and a price, nice and clear.

I do to have the question of what happens when the time runs out?

Are you able to set the time length?

Are you able to end/close/cancel the advert once the item is sold?

Looks really good, better than I expected. So easy to find parts. I like how you see a image, a title and a price, nice and clear.

I do to have the question of what happens when the time runs out?

Are you able to set the time length?

Are you able to end/close/cancel the advert once the item is sold?

When the time runs out you'll be given the option to repost it. If you don't repost it within 60 days it'll be removed from the system (keeps everything tidy)

The time length is 60 days, thats not editable (well, i can edit it globally)

You should see a 'close' button which you can click once the item is sold, at the moment this seems to remove it from public view (although you can still see it under your listed items) but I'd like to change that so people can see the items no longer for sale.

When the time runs out you'll be given the option to repost it. If you don't repost it within 60 days it'll be removed from the system (keeps everything tidy)

The time length is 60 days, thats not editable (well, i can edit it globally)

You should see a 'close' button which you can click once the item is sold, at the moment this seems to remove it from public view (although you can still see it under your listed items) but I'd like to change that so people can see the items no longer for sale.

Fair enough, sounds like you've thought of everything. Just see how it goes. Hopefully it will be successful.

Couple problems i feel need to be inc and fixed ( i know its just been brought to life ) just thought id mention them

I think personaly Rims should be inc as people sell rims on there own alot :)

Also i feel the missin edit button on the questions & answers need's to be inc

and a BIGGIE the questions and answers needs solvin, like 1 colour for a question and 1 colour for an answer in different box's as there both merged together and both pink what makes it hard to read a little.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/buysell/item/6-sram-x9-shifters-and-mech/

not havin a moan just givin some pointers and tips ;)

i really like the PM when someones replied to a post or question ( but does it also do it when someone replies to the add and not you? )

all the best

paul

Edited by madmacca

Its amzing.

I love how what ever I need I can just click a button and I get a variety of things

Great job.

Now you have to get rid of for sale

But can we please please please please have no off topics Only trials stuff

Edited by F.N.G