Why Can't The Biketrials Scene Be Like This?

Borat

Note 'Deleted Scenes'. Just because you and your mates don't have banter when they ride, or hang out outside of riding, doesn't mean that everyone is like that or that trials is 'dead'.

I'd say it's probably more alive now that we can have a day without a new teaser from you.

Note 'Deleted Scenes'. Just because you and your mates don't have banter when they ride, or hang out outside of riding, doesn't mean that everyone is like that or that trials is 'dead'.

I'd say it's probably more alive now that we can have a day without a new teaser from you.

I don't bring out 'teasers'. And alot of people say the scene is pretty much dead. Bessel etc etc have all said it. There's even a dvd out Trials is dead'

The unfortunate trait of a lot of TGS riders.

Haha, it's not so much that. Just we used to be able to go out, ride and have a laugh. But with not as much people riding as there used to be, It's different.

Just wanna say, the riding we do (and i really hate the whole segregation thing, but there is a lot of "us and them" with trials atm) and the sheer good times and big laughs we have disagrees with you completely.

Trials for me is just like that video, but with two wheels and more awesome friends.

• Like 2

Quite frankly, trials is dead. Not as many people ride anymore, no-one has any fun anymore.

If only it was like

I'd still be riding.

My riding day is like that... :rolleyes:

Just because YOU don't have fun doesn't mean trials as a whole is dead ;)

Coming from someone who's been around a lot longer than you, this isn't the first "trials is dead, nobody rides anymore" thread. I read one about a year before you were even on this forum. It's still going, go figure :giggle:

how it dead? you dont think theres many people that go out with you and that? what about the people that live out in the sticks and dont have anyone to ride with but them selfs, they ride because they enjoy it and it makes it a million times better when they go to a ride, theres pleanty of rides to go to and meet people and ride just got off your arse and have a laff!

It's up to you to have fun like that.

Every year me and a lot of riding buddies from around the country go up into the mountains for anywhere between 5-10 days to ride natural spots. We usually only see each other once every year but that period is something we look forward to all year. Somewhat resembles that video.

Have you ever heard the phrase "the king is dead, long live the king"? It means the old king has died and the new one takes over the throne and runs things in his own style.

this can be used for other things, like "trials is dead" In that context it means the older type of trials is dead, but the new type is here and is equally as good, just in a slightly different way.

I am sure someone could explain it better, but the name "trials is dead" doesn't littorally mean trials is down the shitter.

Haha, never thought I'd see one of my videos reposted on TF :)

Trials is whatever you want it to be, so is any other hobby you're into. We wanted to do a roadtrip comp like King of the Road/Ride to Glory, so we did. Anyone can do it, just pick what you want to do and start planning!

I love our local trials scene (Bedford/MK area). Tons of cool riders and theres always loads of banter and fun on the rides. Trials is far from dead!

:lol:

• Like 3

that video is awesome, they are enjoying the riding and it's great.

they reminds me to the video i have Aaron Chase - Killing Time...really amazing how the people enjoy the life on their bikes..

that video is awesome, they are enjoying the riding and it's great.

they reminds me to the video i have Aaron Chase - Killing Time...really amazing how the people enjoy the life on their bikes..

I've seen quite a few videos of riders in Spain having a laugh. I think you posted them up. Could you repost them in here for us to educate? :)

i find that trials is around lot more these days than when i was young, i didnt even know the sport was about till 2 years ago, but what i find being a noob to the sport no one wants to know you, i know a few rider in my area and thay all seem abit funny with me, wish id found the sport when i was a kid!! at a point of just giving up now, never got anyone to ride with or learn from so i never progress.

Trials isn't dying, it's evolving.

This

and by extension that means it aint what it ued to be. Some people (myself included) are really put off the way trials has gone in recent years, but the sport itself is far from dead. Infact Id argue its bigger than it ever has been!

The talk of those rides where you used to cycle a mile or two to the spot before you even started, or getting up at 8 to have a full day out, eat sandwiches in remote natty spots is all but gone.