Why Can't The Biketrials Scene Be Like This?

Borat

Can none of you half-minded morons (who think trials is 'dead' as you so eloquently put it) realize that if the scene has slightly diminished in your area it's not indicative of the rest of the global trials community.

Perhaps in your back-water-one-shitty-horse town some riders might have stopped riding but how can you honestly consider your insignificant view on things to surmise what everyone else is doing. Are you that deluded that your tiny, little world is so accurately representative of what the tens of thousands of other riders are up to.

f**k, if we're just separating the wheat from the chaff then carry on - if trials has become "shit" and "no one has any fun anymore" then get going, the world don't need you.

Woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh feel better now thats out the system :P

I wasn't, nor am i annoyed. I just despair at this ignorance of others. I don't get why we have to constantly listen to little quirts moaning about a lack of interest in the sport.

Why go on trialsforum to moan about disliking trials.

I thought the dick was selling his bike and quitting anyway - so go already. No one wants to hear your pissy, moany, ass self accusing a whole sport of becoming 'shit'.

If it's shit, then leave, calling it shit and moaning on like a miserable old tortoise certainly isn't doing anything to improve it.

• Like 5

Trials is not dead at all and i dont see how you can say it is really, just look at tartydays,clean ride etc. how can it be dead with massive events like that happening?! :S

The only reason i've carried on riding aslong as i have is because of the social side of it. Some of the best weekends/nights i've ever had have been with trials riders and im sure many other people would say the same.

The trials community is pretty special aswel, you go anywhere across the country and there's usually a group of riders who will just accept you as a mate. I went down to plymouth for uni, pretty nervous about not knowing anyone but as soon as i went out riding i felt instantly accepted and it feels like i've known them for years! Just because nobody films all the banter and stuff that happens, doesnt mean people arnt having fun...

Edited by Rich Hill

Perhaps in your back-water-one-shitty-horse town some riders might have stopped riding but how can you honestly consider your insignificant view on things to surmise what everyone else is doing. Are you that deluded that your tiny, little world is so accurately representative of what the tens of thousands of other riders are up to.

Glorious.

xblF4.gif

Edited by Dwarf Shortage

sorry if you are bieng sarcastic, its hard to tell through the internet lol

I wouldn't really classify that as trials, nor is it really raising the profile of trials as an actual pass-time/hobby/thing to do. Bike dancing and doing stuff in time with music pretty much just makes it look like even more of a circus sideshow than riding around on bikes with no seats and lycra on does anyway...

I don't even really care about how dead trials is (not that I think it is). I'm the only rider in my town pretty much and I've probably been on about 11 rides with other trial riders in 3 years of riding because of travel, cost and other commitments issues. As long as there's parts available for me to use, I'm happy.

well, i just gotta put my 2 cents in..

I know im a noob..but i cant agree with Borat that "trials is dead".

For instance u could say "punk is dead" yet all the punky looking punks r kids in schools..who contribute to punk NOT beeing dead..

So for trials,(wich is almost non existant in Croatia-not dead but its just about to be born if u will)

when u say its "dead"

seems like a wrong statement..since there r so many riders- judging by the forums and contests..(all over the world) so id hardly classifie it as dead.. maybe just somewhat incognito... ^_^

I suggest;GET ON UR BIKE AND REVIVE TRIALS! ;)(Y)

I wouldn't really classify that as trials, nor is it really raising the profile of trials as an actual pass-time/hobby/thing to do. Bike dancing and doing stuff in time with music pretty much just makes it look like even more of a circus sideshow than riding around on bikes with no seats and lycra on does anyway...

i was just trying to show with that video that it is hard to say something is "dead" when an area of the sport is used to entertain most of the country.

i know it's not proper trials but the fundamentals are there and it has raised awareness of the sport. atleast now some people in the street dont immediatly think your bieng a vandal, they can almost understand and sometimes appreciate what it is your actually doing.

I wasn't, nor am i annoyed. I just despair at this ignorance of others. I don't get why we have to constantly listen to little quirts moaning about a lack of interest in the sport.

Why go on trialsforum to moan about disliking trials.

I thought the dick was selling his bike and quitting anyway - so go already. No one wants to hear your pissy, moany, ass self accusing a whole sport of becoming 'shit'.

If it's shit, then leave, calling it shit and moaning on like a miserable old tortoise certainly isn't doing anything to improve it.

Get a f**king grip, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I mainly made the topic, as I enjoyed the video. Not to get the majority of pricks like you, jumping on your high-horse.

In my opinion, trials is dying. Especially local.

Get a f**king grip, everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I mainly made the topic, as I enjoyed the video. Not to get the majority of pricks like you, jumping on your high-horse.

In my opinion, trials is dying. Especially local.

f**k. Off. Then.

• Like 2

Everything about this makes me so sad. I go out and ride my bike as much as I can, and I enjoy it. That's trials for me. Things have changed, yeah, but nothing's 'dead.' Is it the hardest thing to ask that we all just accept the differences within our sport and with every other sport, and let people be?

Sorry that as a whole the sport isn't what you think it used to be. It's not dead, its just changed. And I ride a seatless bike doing one move at a time and I live in the middle of nowhere. Saying its dead is like saying that what I do is totally redundant. A little respect and courtesy on everyone's behalf wouldn't go amiss.

Cheers now.

Rich

• Like 6