Why Can't The Biketrials Scene Be Like This?

Borat

The talk of those rides where you used to cycle a mile or two to the spot before you even started, or getting up at 8 to have a full day out, eat sandwiches in remote natty spots is all but gone.

They're definitely still about! I've never really done that with the natty thing, but eating sandwiches on some remote secret spot we've found is all too familiar :P

I'm the only person in my town that rides, and I haven't been out as much as i would have like that past few month, but I work 6 days a week. and back when I was at my best, I'd be out all day just riding on my own. and I loved just being out on my bike. Still do. Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be more riders up here....

The talk of those rides where you used to cycle a mile or two to the spot before you even started, or getting up at 8 to have a full day out, eat sandwiches in remote natty spots is all but gone.

That definitely still goes on down our way. Less of the cycling distance because we all drive but hit some fairly remote spots up on Dartmoor pretty often.

At the end of the day, the sport is what you make it. Go out and hit the same old spots with the same old people every ride and yeah, it'll get pretty shat pretty soon.

Get out there, drive to places, attend group rides out of your usual area, ride comps, spend full weekends away. These are all things i do as regularly as possible.

With any sport you will get back whatever you put into it.

Can't be arsed to make the effort? Im not surprised you think its dead

Edited by J.KYDD

I get up at 7:30am for London rides and sometimes don't get back home until 9pm ish, and that's only because my arms are about to fall off, I'd ride all night if I could.

I've wound myself up a bit about this topic now.

Just click on cleanzine, look at the pictures, read the words, then ask yourself if the problem is with trials or if the problem is with you and then quit being such a whiny bitch and go ride your bike.

http://www.cleanzine.co.uk/

Edited by nichols_sam
  • Like 2

Haha, it's not so much that. Just we used to be able to go out, ride and have a laugh. But with not as much people riding as there used to be, It's different.

So not as many people to queue up to 'tap' the same three inch wide section of wall? But surely now you don't have to wait so long for a go!

Haha, i managed to start a war :L

I didn't mean the whole scene is f**ked. But I mean as in, it doesn't seem as active as it used to be. Everyone seems to be going off and doing their own thing..

Anywho, I love the vid, and just wished it was like that for my area..

how it dead? you dont think theres many people that go out with you and that? what about the people that live out in the sticks and dont have anyone to ride with but them selfs, they ride because they enjoy it and it makes it a million times better when they go to a ride, theres pleanty of rides to go to and meet people and ride just got off your arse and have a laff!

I ride with no one else and i have plenty of fun on my bike !

I'm the only rider in my area. Next one is about 80 odd miles away. I normaly travel up to 50 miles a night just riding the spots in my place. Dont think anything off it. When I get to ride with the boys in ness or when i finaly manage to head and ride with gary I make the most of it. Always have a laugh and have a great time.

You get what you put in. Show up and think this is shit and trials is dead. Then you will have a shit time.

most people who ride trials are stuck up there own ass and think there better than everyone else.

Yeah, there are a few. Was talking about this to some people the other day. But it's everywhere anyway. Though i hope everyone realises the days of seeing a random guy hopping on the back wheel and being easily approachable is going to fade away. Just as bmx did. However not to say there are still plenty of cool bmxers out there, it's just they are far and few between. Hopefully in a few more years skateboarding will be the thing todo again.

I didn't mean the whole scene is f**ked. But I mean as in, it doesn't seem as active as it used to be. Everyone seems to be going off and doing their own thing..

Carry on riding? I've managed to power through a few winters of nobody riding, it just requires some effort, and allot of missioning to new or distant spots to keep the enthusiasm up.

Almost forgot to say, that video was awesome!

Chinnery, just because danny swindlehurst doesnt ride now doesnt mean trials is dead. stop getting a big dick over it.

• Like 1

Can none of you half-minded morons (who think trials is 'dead' as you so eloquently put it) realize that if the scene has slightly diminished in your area it's not indicative of the rest of the global trials community.

Perhaps in your back-water-one-shitty-horse town some riders might have stopped riding but how can you honestly consider your insignificant view on things to surmise what everyone else is doing. Are you that deluded that your tiny, little world is so accurately representative of what the tens of thousands of other riders are up to.

f**k, if we're just separating the wheat from the chaff then carry on - if trials has become "shit" and "no one has any fun anymore" then get going, the world don't need you.

• Like 1