Google Plus Invites?

JT!

Yea.... like on posting up some holiday pictures and from a house party, me windmilling and me in a thong for the whole night.... I don't want old people in my friends to be seeing that shit.

I don't mean to sound like a salesman, but that's one of the benefits of Google +. You can sort people into 'circles' of friends, family, aquaintances, or following. Then whenever you post something you can decide which circles (or individuals) to share it with.

I got it just before invites stopped, unfortunatley I can't really use it because only 2 of my friends have it :lol:

The biggest issue it will have is drawing people away from Facebook. Most people use facebook to chat with their mates and see what they are up to, whilst this is almost an amalgamation of FB, twitter, and blogging- all features that your average FB user isn't too bothered about. And then if their friends want it, but none of their friends use it - they aren't going to join it.

It will be interesting to see what facebook responds with...

Edited by Mat Tea Why

Facebook allows you to put people into lists, and then choose who you don't share with

Google+ allows you to put people into circles, and then choose who you do share with

Both legitimate ways of doing it, just seems that people are too lazy to do it on Facebook, whereas Google has made it almost mandatory.

• Like 1

Facebook irritates me more and more, not least because of the privacy changes, etc, when new settings are sneaked in as default because nobody would ever select them otherwise.

Not only that but I get tired of the messaging system, and tired of the fact that the little notifications at the top keep reappearing even after I've read messages.

There are far too many shitty apps, far too much encouragement to post junk. When Google+ kicks off I'll be trying it out, just as I'll try out Diaspora. I remember when people thought that MySpace had the social networking market cornered. Often there's room to do thing better, and simpler. Not that I trust Google with my personal data any more than I do Facebook, but for simplicities sake and for less of the sly sh't, I'll try it.

I am annoyed facebook changed the chat so you can no longer click on the name of someone on the chat box and go to their profile.

This means I have to type in their name in the search bar to look at their profile.

This is too much effort.

• Like 2

I am annoyed facebook changed the chat so you can no longer click on the name of someone on the chat box and go to their profile.

This means I have to type in their name in the search bar to look at their profile.

This is too much effort.

+1

my friend was round earliar i was trying to get on my other friends wall from chat i just sat there and said "ARE YOU F*CKING SH*TTING ME"

I was sat in bed and couldn't be assed reaching for my keyboard, couldn't click on his name in chat so I had to copy and paste letters from status' and people's names to make up my mate's name in the search bar just to get on his profile.

It seems fb's determined to f**k up everything good about it, definitely getting in on Google+.

I was sat in bed and couldn't be assed reaching for my keyboard, couldn't click on his name in chat so I had to copy and paste letters from status' and people's names to make up my mate's name in the search bar just to get on his profile.

that takes lazy to a new level.....

and i like it :P

Yea.... like on posting up some holiday pictures and from a house party, me windmilling and me in a thong for the whole night.... I don't want old people in my friends to be seeing that shit.

I'm pretty sure I have a picture of you naked. :giggle:

This is why google+ is good for facebook, they're going to have to actually work on this stuff that they should have been doing a long time otherwise it's going to end up like myspace.

This is too much effort.

I can still do this? Why? My gf has a @facebook.com email too and I dont. My facebook never does anything special

I've got parents, relatives and friends' parents on Facebook, none of whom can see any more than I want them to. It's been possible for years!

Ultimately though if you don't want people to see certain things, don't put them on the net!

Ultimately though if you don't want people to see certain things, don't put them on the net!

Well when a sex tape of me got put online without permission I pretty much think that that was the end of that lol

This is too much effort.

Try clicking their photo on the chat box salad dodger!

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 1