Return Of The Dark Lord

sayshell

Aye, but part of the appeal of your videos to me is that they're heavy/metally/hardcore, I.E different to the other thousands of videos I've seen over the years.

More smooth and some slow mo bits would be nice. No black and white or fish eye though. Avoid the TGS.

f**k what everyone else thinks! Its quality...... Its different than seeing people on shitty 24" + 26" inspireds.

Id rather see people riding in your suit that bloody lycra all the time.... it just goes to show that you dont need skimpy pants to ride better.

So yer f**k em! and ride I enjoy your videos! :)(Y)

An antitron is an atom of antimatter. i have confrimed at this point antitron is not an actual scientific term. Antimatter destroys matter. I guess its an appropriate name but the origins are totally random. I just picked it because it sounded cool many years ago.

An antitron is an atom of antimatter. i have confrimed at this point antitron is not an actual scientific term. Antimatter destroys matter. I guess its an appropriate name but the origins are totally random. I just picked it because it sounded cool many years ago.

sounds kinda anti(elec)tron

I surprised myself as I watched it twice... I like it. Also it's nice to see something else than inspired doing that kind of riding.

EDIT: Some of you should read the FAQ in this video's description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ate2yNhLVUc&feature=player_embedded

Whats the costume deal?

I sewed it with the intent of looking more wizardy/ultra-medieval but people interpreted it more like wings which I think is actually a better idea. It appears as a big sleeve but is actually 4 triangles that form together to make a big square but when their is wind they break apart. The idea was to increase the contrast between the rider and society and baggy clothes flop around which also contributes to spin tricks and speed effect.

Whats the hair deal?

I got into long hair way before I got into metal. Originally I wanted to grow my hair out because I watched lots of anime. I love growing/creating things so it fits my personality.

Are you Satanic?

No not at all, I am a very straight edge person and believe in discipline and Christianity . This video is neutral. The song is also neutral it just has a black metal sound. I try to keep my section non-religious. I am just really into theatricality and the atmosphere/fee more than the objective standards. If its the best riding in the world but has no feel to it then I would rather just watch music videos.

Why not use a bmx?

I am used to my bike and the way its set up I never really break anything and it weighs only 18.9lbs which helps my wrist tendon. (I have a really bad problem in my left wrist) + I want to start doing some trials again soon, and I like wide tires and good brakes.

Why headbang?

Its all about the atmosphere/mood I am trying to create. If I feel headbangs contribute to the theme I will put them in, if I feel riding does I will put that in. I liked some of them a lot the shot at 1:40 I liked more than any of the riding clips, the contrast between the bright colorful field was perfect. In future vids I won't make them like 50% headbanging but I will put more effort into them. Some of them lacked energy.

Why all spins why not more variety?

I generally do tricks that I think go with the music, I do more variety tricks when I am not filming.

The music?

I was raised with 20 years of classical music and I learned to appreciate the beauty of it and hated all other music till I heard symphonic metal.. I was blown away. Classical music lacks contrast elements and metal vocals sound nicer to me than opera vocals + its english so the lyrics have meaning. Symphonic jumps back and forth from rhythmic to melodic all the time so it makes the rhythmic sections seem heavier and the melodic parts more epic.

Why do you say contrast so much?

To feel warmth you need coldness. Contrast increases any theme by a million percent.

Special Thanks to....

Chad, and Sean for filming

Thanks also to...

Tarty Bikes, Cean-Bikes, and Biketrialstation

here is my stats....

weight: 150 lbs

job: fast food (wendys)

years riding: tricks 7

broken bones: 0

stiches/bad injuries: 0

I think it is very good for someone to have views and thoughts about life. Also he seems pretty convinced about the way he thinks and everything is justified. He is also not ashamed to share his lifestyle. Way too much people think a certain way and don't share the way they do in order to invent themselves a character they aren't. So for that Sayshell, I think you deserve respect. Thank you man.

Edited by Canardweb

perhaps some truth, but only compared with how much I think about stuff...EI not much :- My thoughts pretty much loop as follows: 1) wake up, what will I eat? 2) once fed, where will I ride? 3) once rided, what will I eat? 4) once fed, is it bed time yet?.

That pretty much sums up my main thoughts, anything else that happens is usually by chance, sprung up on me or a spur of the moment thing. Every thing Clifford does seems to have had quite a lot of thought put into it which may or may not be the case, but yeah, it just amused me :P

I really struggle to enjoy your videos, because all you do in them are spins, and flick your hair out your face. I'm not a TSG bummer, I love watching all trials, and am a big fan of spiny stuff being used in a trials video, but I think you need to be a little more creative. I understand your trying to have your style, but again, I just watch your video's and see the same thing. Your a beast with spins, I'd love to see you incorporate them in to some traditional trials moves(in your own way of course), and I bet if you did that, you'd be a beast...or vampire what ever you wanna be called...

Also when I read the title, I thought for a second there was another Harry Potter film. You might want to change that, it will get some of the noobies hope's up!

Edited by JohnyMilton

hate to put a downer on the conversation here.. and i can imagine i may possibly come under some abuse here..

but.

what in gods name was that man thinking when

a) he opened his wardrobe and put on those clothes

B) he walked outside and set up his bike

c) he wandered into a field and started moving his head up and down to the sound of loud noises!

im sorry but he may enjoy riding his bike like he does but after the first line you've seen it all !

IMO i hated the song, the riding, the editing..

would be a million times better if the meatloaf outfit, the headbanging, the sketchyness and the music were removed i reckon

rant over...

One major thing I've noticed on this forum is that, if you're different it gets picked out. A LOT.

Another thing, people are saying it's the same thing throughout the video, so are most... Once you've seen a sidehop or gap, you've seen it. You just re see the same move on a different obstacle, the same as in this guy's videos.

I must admit the video from 2009 is much better though.

• Like 1

Alright I managed to get 2 hours before my camera ran out of batteries. I spent more time standing in the wind time lapse than I did filming the riding XD. I even took the time to actually edit the video. All filmed on a tripod with no cameraman. No fish eyes, no stupid camera angles. You see what is there. Enjoy!

I am happy with how it turned out for what it is.

because of your wrist injury is you aim to ride BMX on a trials bike ? there is pretty much no trials content in the vid is why i ask. Not intended as a dig in anyway.

I can do trials but I am not very good I would say I am very average. I can side hop a little under bar height, up to rear a bit over bar height, gap a bit over a bike length, up to front a bit under bar height etc etc... I wouldn't mind featuring a good pure trials rider in one of my vids on the same bike, but I think quality is more important than variety. Everyone knows a zillion random tricks but I think some just look better than others.