• TNN Engineering CNC Brake Clamps
    • Echo TR Brake Clamps
    • Try-All CNC Brake Clamps
  2. 2. Brake boosters...

• Trialtech Sport 4-Bolt
    • Trialtech Carbon
    • TNN Engineering Booster And Clamp System
    • Chorrillas Gorilla Set

The fact you said "wonga" instantly removes any chance of you looking cool.

Hey guy.

Thinking of getting a new brake booster/ clamps setup.

Which do you think are the best things to buy?.

Edited by F.N.G

If your rim is square and your frame mounts are lined up right, then the Try-all ones are spot on as they dont need to use 'c' washers. They also have alot more liner adjustment than other clamps.

Having said that, i voted for the echo's as they work the best all bikes

In terms of boosters, on the Speedrace my trialtech carbon gave me signifcantly better braking performance than a big 2-bolt cnc'd alloy one that was on there before.

The TNN booster system is superb from my experience but it's a lot of money to spend. I'd go with Josh and get the Tryall clamps for extra adjustment and the Trialtech 2 bolt booster, though ask yourself first if you really need to spend the money?!

You don't need it tom... if you have that sort of money spare I reckon you should get some new lighter forks. I have my old clamps and booster you can have for a fiver if you re that desperate for some.

James

My forks are pretty light... and I'm not buying them now, I'm thinking about what is best for when I get the money.

Just so you know, we use "£" in this country, as opposed to "$".

$ looks cooler B)

The TNN booster system is superb from my experience but it's a lot of money to spend. I'd go with Josh and get the Tryall clamps for extra adjustment and the Trialtech 2 bolt booster, though ask yourself first if you really need to spend the money?!

My brakes have been slipping a lot recently even with a grind so I'm going to put a little harder grind on, then When I get the money I may get what ever is suggested.

I have not heard many reviews about the Tnn booster, I didn't think many people used it.

My brakes have been slipping a lot recently even with a grind so I'm going to put a little harder grind on, then When I get the money I may get what ever is suggested.

I have not heard many reviews about the Tnn booster, I didn't think many people used it.

I'd put that down to the fact it sounds expensive but when you think of the price of a booster and clamps together its not too bad.

I had mine on my 07 python, put it on when the brakes started losing hold as the grind had died and it instantly solved the problem!

Edited by isitafox

My forks are pretty light... and I'm not buying them now, I'm thinking about what is best for when I get the money.

$ looks cooler B)

New clamps and booster wont stop your brakes slipping Tom. You want a harsher grind OR new pads...

james

New clamps and booster wont stop your brakes slipping Tom. You want a harsher grind OR new pads...

james

It will help improve the breaking power.

Also, I did say I was going to put a harsher grind on it..

Edited by F.N.G

I'd put that down to the fact it sounds expensive but when you think of the price of a booster and clamps together its not too bad.

I had mine on my 07 python, put it on when the brakes started losing hold as the grind had died and it instantly solved the problem!

They sound pretty good then, My grind is not to good so they may be a good buy, also I cant grind for my life :)

It will help improve the breaking power.

Also, I did say I was going to put a harsher grind on it..

He's right it won't. It will decrease hold because you'll be fighting against a stronger force than before. Try some tar perhaps? Or a longer lever blade. I would honestly save that money and buy a shorter lighter frame, it will benefit your riding more than anything else could. (apart from practice of course)

The fact you said "wonga" instantly removes any chance of you looking cool.

Now That I think about it... That made me sound homo

He's right it won't. It will decrease hold because you'll be fighting against a stronger force than before. Try some tar perhaps? Or a longer lever blade. I would honestly save that money and buy a shorter lighter frame, it will benefit your riding more than anything else could. (apart from practice of course)

Can you get A longer lever blade for a 04 lever?

Also Would A new frame help my Riding because Of the length?

Edited by F.N.G

Now That I think about it... That made me sound homo

Can you get A longer lever blade for a 04 lever?

Also Would A new frame help my Riding because Of the length?

Ill give you some tar next time you're out Tom, got loads and dont use it anymore. Give it a try.

James