Echo 24" Or Kabra 24" ?

G_!

ECHO 24" or Kabra 24" ??  

34 members have voted

1. 1. ECHO 24" or Kabra 24"

• ECHO
    • KABRA

hello,

After to be 11 years on a mod trial bike i think is time to change, in my opinion the best option is a 24" trial bike because a 26" bike look too big for me.

I'm looking in the online shops and i decided to buy one of these frames. I wanna know what frame i should to buy, i never rode on other size of bike so i can't imagine what frame would be better for me. Would be great to know your experience on these bikes, in special on the Echo.

Echo: It's only 340 Euros (BB incluyed), that's a fantastic price for me, also it's lightweight. This frame look for competition and actually i'm a street rider..is this too weak?

Kabra: It's 480 Euros (408 Euros for me), it's a bit expensive and i dont want to pay much, but love the graphics and the form look awesome.

Also i want to ask about stem..what is better for a 24" bike? mod stem or stock stem?

The fork of 26"? which? usually i like to do static hooks so i want a safety fork

thanks for the help ;)

kabra.jpg

echor.jpg

Edited by G_!

If I were you I would buy an echo. cheaper and better looking(IMO)and If it´s weak ? look for pavel borisevich videos and answer it yourself :turned: . To stem question. As you are riding 20" bike with 150mm stem now I think I would buy 26" 130mm stem(BTW how tall are you?) . And to forks there are nothing better than trialtech´s (Y)

Edited by AndrewG
  • Like 1

Echo looks miles better Imo. Very clean lines. Also brilliant frames to ride.

Fork wise I personaly would choose Urban's. Trialtech's are fine so long as you know you're going to run front disc all the time, but the 24" Urbans give you that scope to change from disc to either Magura/ Vee.

• Like 1

thanks for the comments, this help me a lot ;)

(BTW how tall are you?) .

thanks,

not sure, about 1.79m, 1.80m as much.

I lol at the idea that a long 24" trials bike with a large bb rise is better for a street rider than a short streety 26" on the idea that "26" bike look too big for me"

i said 26" is too big for me because i don't like to ride with big wheels, just that, for this reason 24" is the best option for me, i dont want to ride on a tractor... 24" for the win, it's the future :shifty:

Tell that to Duncan Shaw!

I'd go for the echo. One of the reasons being the chain tensioners.

Do you not fancy a streety 26"? Maybe longer than a Hex...A Because?

thanks,

i prefer a 24" :)

Edited by G_!

Can someone explain to me the point of a 24" trials bike ? Are people trying to suggest that Marc Caisso would have been a better rider if he had been riding a 24" trials bike, or there is a specific advantage that makes it worthwhile ? I just cant see it. Being 'flicky' is about as lame as it gets.

Edit : didnt read the reply above as was replying v slowly.

Can someone explain to me the point of a 24" trials bike ? Are people trying to suggest that Marc Caisso would have been a better rider if he had been riding a 24" trials bike, or there is a specific advantage that makes it worthwhile ? I just cant see it. Being 'flicky' is about as lame as it gets.

Look, he wants a 24, so he is going to get a 24. Does there need to be a point of a 24 trials bike? Whats the point of using hydroforming? There isnt a point, but it is change.

And no, people are not trying to suggest that Marc Caisso would have been a better rider if he had been riding a 24" trials bike.

EDIT: G, im riding a 24 Echo now and its really, really nice. I prefer it from my mod alot more. I was running a very low echo stem, 20 x 120. It was horrible on 2 wheels but felt quite nice on the back wheel. I've put a mod stem on and it feels alot more stable and still feels nice on the rear wheel.

Look forward to seeing your next video on the 24 mate! :)

( Reads like im having a dig, im not mate! :) )

Edited by Sam T
  • Like 1

Look, he wants a 24, so he is going to get a 24. Does there need to be a point of a 24 trials bike? Whats the point of using hydroforming? There isnt a point, but it is change.

And no, people are not trying to suggest that Marc Caisso would have been a better rider if he had been riding a 24" trials bike.

To try and eek out more strength in highly stressed areas without too much of a weight penalty. Looks good also if executed well ( not a la rockman... )

It takes the best and worst of both and makes a happy medaium(sp). Was never happy on a mod or stock and find the 24 perfect for me.

It's just another option. I know of quite a few people who've got them who found that a 20" bike didn't really fit and they didn't get on with 26" bikes, and the 24s have been a good solution. I really don't like the feel of 26" wheels (even though Ali's Hex and my Fourplay are pretty similar, the different feeling from the two wheel sizes is very much noticeable for me), but I don't really fit on a mod, so if I was going down the 'pure' trials route again I think I'd probably get the Echo 24.

Your background means you're pretty used to 26" bikes, but for people who haven't ridden them that much before it is - like I said - another option. The only things that put me off getting a 24 are the lack of decent rims and tyres, but that's not reeeeally the end of the world. Viz are doing a single wall rear rim now, so that's that sort of covered, which just leaves tyres really.

To the original post though - I'd say the Echo was a better bet than the Kabra. 135mm back end is nice, standard head tubes are nice, built-in tensioners are nice, integrated BB is nice, frame looks are nice, geometry's nice - all over, pretty nice :P Whichever frame you get, a 150x35 stem would be pretty much ideal. Every Echo I've ridden with one of them on has felt really good to ride. For forks: Trialtech.

• Like 1

To the original post though - I'd say the Echo was a better bet than the Kabra. 135mm back end is nice, standard head tubes are nice, built-in tensioners are nice, integrated BB is nice, frame looks are nice, geometry's nice - all over, pretty nice :P Whichever frame you get, a 150x35 stem would be pretty much ideal. Every Echo I've ridden with one of them on has felt really good to ride. For forks: Trialtech.

thanks Mark :)

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear of another rider going the 24" route, i too had the same problem as you. Rode for 10 years on a mod with some good results but found i was lacking behind due to the progression of 26" riding. So in 2009 i tried my hand at 26" pure trials and was a fish out of water, at 5,5" it was always going to look a bit odd but found i didnt have the weight/strength to move the bike where i wanted it. So after another year and a half back on mod and once again reaching the limit of my ability i bought a kabra. Have been riding it for 4 months now and everyone i ride with say my ability has improved and i have managed to keep good control.

The Kabra feels fantastic but is a little heavier than an echo....both look good in my opinion and will give u plenty to smile about.

Does anyone know if big brands such as koxx, rockman or monty are going to bring out a 24"?

Glad to hear your getting on with your 24 Tom, I love my echo, deffinately feel comfortable riding it, and thats me at 6ft4! i am running a mod stem though! I have only ridden street on it yet, can't wait to get on some natural. I have had to alter some techniques abit, I couldn't tap it at all, so re-learnt straight pedal ups, which has given me more confidence for upping walls than I had on the 26inch.

When i was still in contact with Rockman they said they were making a 24inch and were going to send me one, but I have not heard anything since around august!

Adam

It takes the best and worst of both and makes a happy medaium(sp). Was never happy on a mod or stock and find the 24 perfect for me.

Exacery.

I have had a go on both and the Kabra felt way nicer than the echo but it's just too much money.

Good point about the Kabra in terms of street is the reinforcement on the dropouts, also the dude had the balls to make a 24 when others were not.

However price, tensioning,bb and the fact you can put a carbon protector on the down tube makes the echo the winner for me.

Edited by Matt Vandart