Brand Opinions

Julius Czar

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which frames brought out from these brands appeal to you the most in terms of quality, looks, and price?

• Onza
    • Echo
    • Zoo
    • Koxx
    • Inspired
    • Neon
    • Monty
    • Rockman
    • Ozonys
    • Because

Right, got a key skills maths thing for my apprentice course, I was told to make a survey with ten choices and ask people their opinions, and I figured as I have hundreds of people with the same (and if not more) knowledge and experience of the trials industry right here at my fingertips I should set up a poll here to get good and valuable opinions from the lovely people here at TF.

Basically just pick a brand based on the frames, your vote can be down to anything, your experiences, or even what you've heard about the products, or just your opinion on the look of the line of frames that your chosen brand has out at the moment. All data is good data, and obviously the more the better, it'll make it more accurate when making averages etc.

your opinions will be appreciated greatly.

Cheers!

The inspired frames will attract a different audience since the other brands are aimed at traditional trials frames.

My vote is for Echo...the pure number of people on them at the moment really says it all. They're frames are great value, light weight, solid and sleek in design.

In terms of higher-end bikes, Rockman and Koxx have produced some awesome bikes, plus the new Onza range looks to be up there too.

The inspired frames will attract a different audience since the other brands are aimed at traditional trials frames.

My vote is for Echo...the pure number of people on them at the moment really says it all. They're frames are great value, light weight, solid and sleek in design.

Completely agree (Y)

I'm going to say Ozonys and Bonz. Big fan of their parts at the moment. They all seem to have this quality feel to them that you just don't get from Asian brands. Mind you, Trialtech has that feel too but the biggest downfall for TT in my opinion are the wheels. I want hubs with wide flanges, rims with proper spoke offset to make a nice fat and stiff wheel. Plus Bonz stuff is generally really light and holds up quite well.

I'm going to say Ozonys and Bonz. Big fan of their parts at the moment. They all seem to have this quality feel to them that you just don't get from Asian brands. Mind you, Trialtech has that feel too but the biggest downfall for TT in my opinion are the wheels. I want hubs with wide flanges, rims with proper spoke offset to make a nice fat and stiff wheel. Plus Bonz stuff is generally really light and holds up quite well.

Same.

Feel that Ozonys/Bonz have the best range out there today.

rims with proper spoke offset to make a nice fat and stiff wheel.

Actually, the spoke offset reduces the stiffness of the wheel, as there is less triangulation. Trialtech SL hubs will own when they are out (been tested for at least 3 years now).

Actually, the spoke offset reduces the stiffness of the wheel, as there is less triangulation. Trialtech SL hubs will own when they are out (been tested for at least 3 years now).

Is spoke offset on a rim the ones with holes that basically aren't down the centre line of the rim ? If so (assuming the angle of the nipple wouldn't balls things up) would lacing it so that the spokes crossed near the rim make a stronger wheel ?

Oh and inspired clearly make the most bestest and interesting frames.

Is spoke offset on a rim the ones with holes that basically aren't down the centre line of the rim ? If so (assuming the angle of the nipple wouldn't balls things up) would lacing it so that the spokes crossed near the rim make a stronger wheel ?

Yes and yes. I think a BMX company did a rim like this at one point.

May I disagree? Perhaps the stiffness sideways will be slightly worse but the overall stability of the rim should be a lot better. It means the rim gets more support throughout it's width rather than just being held together in the middle.

May I disagree? Perhaps the stiffness sideways will be slightly worse but the overall stability of the rim should be a lot better. It means the rim gets more support throughout it's width rather than just being held together in the middle.

May I disagree?! Spokes are just wire and are only any good in tension. What you are describing would require the spokes at the bottom of the wheel to resist the rim from deforming under compression, which they're really not any good at. In my mind the rim must be self supporting in width and the spokes are there to do two things- firstly to keep the rim round in profile (by maintaining an even tension around the circumference) and secondly to resist side to side motion (by utilisation of the spoke triangulation).