Best Of The Internet

ZeroMatt

Me too, I used to love climbing and was making great improvements but had to take a long break after seriously damaging a finger learning to snowboard. I then never got back into it because my climbing partners moved away and it was always expensive to do. It's a 60 mile round trip to the nearest good indoor climbing wall, £10 entry plus fuel to drive there, real rock is even further away.

Me too, I used to love climbing and was making great improvements but had to take a long break after seriously damaging a finger learning to snowboard. I then never got back into it because my climbing partners moved away and it was always expensive to do. It's a 60 mile round trip to the nearest good indoor climbing wall, £10 entry plus fuel to drive there, real rock is even further away.

Where do you live?! Bad times. :(

I live in Sheffield, so within 15 mins I can get to the Works and the Edge, within 45mins I can get to the Foundry or Awesome Walls, and outdoors all the best grit is about 1.5 hours away by public transport, or 20min drive. But I don't drive.

Where do you live?! Bad times. :(

I live in Sheffield, so within 15 mins I can get to the Works and the Edge, within 45mins I can get to the Foundry or Awesome Walls, and outdoors all the best grit is about 1.5 hours away by public transport, or 20min drive. But I don't drive.

Salisbury. The nearest decent wall is Calshot, it's an awesome wall but 30 miles away so by the time you have taken into account entry, fuel and then the beer/food afterwards it was getting pretty expensive! They have now started doing monthly memberships but even that is expensive and it would mean you have to commit to 1-2 trips per week to make it worthwhile. For real rock I was lucky enough to have Portland and Swanage within about 90 minutes drive but after wrecking my finger I never got back into it.

When I say I injured my finger snowboarding, I mean I really f**ked it up. When I got an x-ray and they said it was 'just' ligament damage I wanted to cry and I was unable to climb for over 1 year, even several years later it can still be painful.

Been on a random video rampage for the last half an hour, found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqziQX7eEv0

Can someone explain whether it's possible for this guy to actually perform these tricks consecutively or are some of them just a matter of trial and error? (they get pretty insane towards the end)

• Like 3