Under the front of the cab:

2016-12-19%2013.00.06_zpsu010c0ew.jpg

Out back under the engine:

2016-12-19%2013.20.31_zps1l3jxal8.jpg

NS outer sill is gone but inner sill is surprisingly solid:

2016-12-19%2013.20.41_zpshrwxvr0s.jpg

Most of the underneath is like this, just surface scabs:

2016-12-19%2013.21.15_zpsgeavckqw.jpg

Infact it's not all bad under there, a quick blitz with a wire wheel, some rust inhibitor, redo some seam sealant and then a nice coating of stone chip paint will have it all looking fresh and staying crumble free for a bit longer.

Rear arch came out, still got a few spot welds to remove but it should be ready for a few small patches and the fresh one to go in soon:

2016-12-20%2013.46.14_zps24hmgyjf.jpg

Front NS step is in, the panel was awful and I thought I had it all lined up but it just wasn't the same dimensions as the original so I had to hack it about rather a lot! I'll dress it up and get it painted tomorrow.

2016-12-20%2013.46.41_zps5exanzzn.jpg

1 hour ago, Jolfa said:

Woah, woah, woah, back up there, wtaf, that's rough as f*ck even by my standards :lol: !

bahhhh its only so the injectors don't recieve a shit load of pressure behind them haha, only ever runs for a few seconds at a time once a week or so. Obviously never driven this way :lol:

Got a regulator coming but it's taking the piss to get here. 

Edited by SamKidney

Is this the same vaguely described Honda you were road testing to see if Vtec was kicking in yo the other day..?

I mean it might not be that bad but it's a braided line you're crimping and everything :blink:

Edited by Jolfa

1 hour ago, Jolfa said:

Is this the same vaguely described Honda you were road testing to see if Vtec was kicking in yo the other day..?

I mean it might not be that bad but it's a braided line you're crimping and everything :blink:

It's never been road tested, only indoors. You can trick the Ecu into thinking it has a speed reading and as such vtec comes in when stationary. 

That fuel line isn't the one I'll be using, was made up purely to get it running. 

More done this evening. 

More painting, got the seats in, track rod ends replaced, steering tracked up, both front brake pipes replaced along with new HEL braided flexis all round. 

Rear anti roll bar links have been ordered and the new radiator kit lands any day now it's cleared customs. 

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0015.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Danny said:

@dann2707 is it out yet?

I haven't really been putting any time into removing it. I put half an hour in the other night and got this far. It's easy enough to get out but I've been too distracted by stripping it and selling the parts. I'm going to end up with a turbo conversion and brembo 4pots for a stupid price because of it. Maybe 4 times cheaper than what it usually costs! Got my pedal through yesterday too, can't wait to fit. 

20161220_184234_zpsj97n238z.jpg

IMG_0027.JPG

Not happy with the sump/ground clearance at my desired ride height. 

Added a K Tuned steel sump to my order list. Sits roughly an inch higher than the oem sump. 

AEM fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge will be winging their way to me shortly too.