The Car Thread

MadManMike

JDM lyf yo

I like receiving parcels. Especially ones from the US. 

1479993123237.jpg

I need a fuel pressure regulator and pressure gauge, a radiator and some hoses and that's the conversion is complete... 

...and a car to bolt it all into :lol:

Edited by SamKidney

1 hour ago, Luke Rainbird said:

Looks really smart mate! How's the glass attached to the pistons? Looks like it's just sat there from the photo but assuming it's connected a little more properly than that so guessing there's some adhesive/similar at the interface?

Thanks. It's held on by its on weight on these gel sticky things. It's on there really solidly.wben you try to move it up moves the pistons on the rods. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dann2707 said:

Awesome news with the diff! II thought you had Bilstein b14 s in the cupboard from ages ago? Finished the engine table! 

I've had Blisteins fitted for nearly 2 years!

Those are Cat Cam 438s :P

Engine table looks ace!

• Like 1

Hey guys! 

Had a productive week/day today!

I got a head torch which is frustrating at times as it's not that of a wide angled range haha

20161126_170202_zps6hgv7mhn.jpg

I got the engine out! All went really smoothly. Took me about 2-3 hours with food breaks and taking it easy which isn't bad for my first go! 

20161126_170216_zpsk0mhaspy.jpg

20161126_175039_zpsifn4qsnh.jpg

20161126_203919_zpshra6f09u.jpg

20161126_203908_zpspb96di1z.jpg

That was just me by myself too, tomorrow I'm going to remove the loom and make a start with the abs removal and all the pedals as I'm going to be running a pedal box with no servo or abs. 

Will give it a clean up too as it looks f**king minging! 

• Like 1

Nice one Dan! Always a good feeling getting a major job sorted. 

No coupe for me this weekend, couldnt get hold of the Transit to go pick it up. Might make the trip through the week coming so fingers crossed, I can make some proper progress and get this engine running! 

• Like 1

Civic turd cleaned up pretty nice again, put it in for an MOT equiv, had a hole in the exhaust, a brake light bulb out and needed one tyre. Donated a 6 pack for a part worn tyre at the tyre shop across the road from work, got some Knead It (good shit, can fix anything with it!) for free from work because damaged packaging and the bulb was $1, I did however splash out a bit and spent about about £30 on 2 close enough coloured rattle cans to cover up some of the shitty scratches and laquer peel, a car wash and the petrol station hoover. 

The result -

thumbnail_WP_20161128_009_zpsryy9golr.jp

thumbnail_WP_20161128_012_zpsi9cefkyw.jp

Stands me at $300, already got 5-6 people interested at $1650 :P

Having driven it a bit, aside from the fact it feels like the f**king thing might roll over if you take a corner with any kind of gusto I can imagine one with sorted suspension and a bit of poke being pretty good fun!

• Like 2

225 BAM

Decat? or Cut open the rear muffler take all the wadding out and reseal?

Heard the Cat and the Dp are the most restrictive, and I imagine if I take the Res out it'll boom abit?

Anyone got any first hand experience? I know some of you guys have :) I don't want it tw*tish loud, would just like a bit of a burble.