The Car Thread

MadManMike

Far too much sneaky editing going on!

Yes I am still gay. Are you still woefully inadequate?! :P

Hey, mine wasn't sneaky, I just wanted to post the first line before ranting about Honda exhausts. :P

Jardo, I doubt I'll be going to SOS no, planning to head down to the beach camping that weekend, otherwise I'd be along.

Far too much sneaky editing going on!

Yes I am still gay. Are you still woefully inadequate?! :P

Yes I am indeed.

-

On the subject of inadequacies I'm upgrading from a minute K03 to a tiny K04. Have you got any stock K04 bits left over? Manifold, downpipe etc?

How did your mates car get on with its mapping?

xxx

• Like 1

I'd be quick, I'll be weighing them in in the next week or so. Certainly won't have them in a month (unless you pay me, then I can hold onto them for you). Need as much money back as I can for this build. Looking at well over £1k already, and thats just the clutch and rods :(

Rod kit (rods, bearings, ARP studs, kevlar cambelt, waterpump, oil filters, cylinder head gasket set etc) was $879 dollars (~£590), Sachs paddle clutch is £300, pressure plate and CSC is £150ish. I then need piston rings, oil pump, oil pickup. The rod kit is the best value one you can get, hence why I got it so quickly. There was a group buy of 25, and I was the last person. Just the rods in the UK are £425.

Anyway...you have my paypal...give me monies!

Did you get a quote from Bill? Bit late now to be fair, his prices are good though.

He once called me a liar and said my car wasn't 245bh with its spec. Wasn't having that but stayed reserved because of who he was and how good he is to know.

Just to point out your statement of "Cheap to insure for new drivers" is incorrect Mr Jardo. I wish they were cheap to insure, I can't get a standard Cupra insured for under £2,000 (Cupra R is £3,000+)

I wouldn't disagree with the tuning potential though, there's some pretty epic 1.8T's about :)

• Like 1

Yeah? Cupra isn't an A3, A3's are a lot cheaper due to the less sporty image. Go do a quote on an A3, use my reg number.

:)

I will text you tomorrow night once I have spoken to Phil.

I never piss about with money, you know that Seamons.

Edited by Pashley26

Yeah, was about to say that. A3's are the cheapest to insure. Golfs have the "GTI" badge, and the Leons have the "Cupra" badge. A3's don't really have a sporty image as such...even though the have exactly the same performance, silly really.

I think "cheap" was subjective to the performance you get for the money. That's the point he is (badly!) trying to make. For not much more than the average warm-hatch, you can have a very easily tunable, very capable engine.

Jardo, I will await your text then.

Issams rod package cna't be beaten on price. The bloke is a twat, but he's cheap, and if you get the goods ever, they're top quality it has to be said. Just too much water under the bridge to ever truly trust him sadly.

02M stuff for georges car is expensive jardo, taht's why it all adds up so quick, not like our cheap crap :)

Luckily I'm not in a huge hurry for them, so if they do take a while it doesn't matter. It sees that the last batch of orders have all arrived fairly swiftly, so fingers crossed for mine!

Nick, there's a complete AGU engine (with manifolds and turbo etc) on ebay for £250 which is about 15 miles from me. I messaged the seller and asked if he would do it for £200 if it didn't go on the auction, and he said yes. Only thing is, its done 160k. Should I get it?

If it's getting rebuilt I don't really see any issue with buying a high mileage lump. It used to be fairly common practice to use particularly high mileage engines for racing, as the block had been through so many heat and stress cycles you knew it was a good casting.

Valid point from Robin there, you rebuilt yours after 200k Prawn....

Flol, 02J is so much better than 02M and everyone knows it. :)

Text will be coming your way tomorrow George, but to let you know I have been offered a Relentless manifold and DP for £200 off Marty so not so sure now. Will 100% tomorrow.

I'm guessing the petrol 6 speed would even more crap with my tiny wheels (running 195/45R15 at the moment!), but what are the 6 speed diesel ratios like? Are the only really longer in the higher gears, or is it a taller final drive? (Not really planning on changing to an 02M any time soon, or ever if things go to plan, I'm just curious.)