The Car Thread

MadManMike

Not really, I knew it would be dull but considering what I use my car for it is a better vehicle for me. After only a few weeks of owning it I have probably used it to transport my bikes more than I had taken a bike in the Cupra over the last 6 months. This is possibly the wrong thread to say this but Bikes > Cars

If you still want that stowage box and the broken (but hopefully easy to rewire and fix) Connects2 unit let me know.

Nah, I totally agree that the Passat is far better suited to what you need really. If you've still got them kicking about that'd be sweet, cheers dude. If it's going to cost me £70 for the C2 new I probably wouldn't bother, but a mildly f**ked one that's taking up space at yours has got to be worth a punt (Y)

Another smalllll update. My friend who is buying the car is having insurance pay out issues, and may well be delayed. So I am keeping hold of it until his pay out comes through, and we have agreed anything I spend on it in the run up to him taking it we will sort out when he picks it up. And if he doesn't then hey, I was going to be doing it anyway.

Went to Phils, had a proper hoon at ridiculously legal speeds. I can confirm that in the straights Ron does have a minor speed advantage, in the corners though my agility and turn it makes up for it. Until the wheels light up on corner exit...:P

This will please a lot of people...

20130606_140457_zpsbd5705d2.jpg

I now have the fastest colour callipers.

20130606_140445_zps3e8c8ab5.jpg

The front is now 15mm ish lower.

20130606_134556_zps91932c01.jpg

After nearly three years, the wheels are still immaculate as the day there were fitted :)

20130606_133624_zpsfc447ab4.jpg

20130606_133635_zps28b78aaa.jpg

20130606_133452_zpsd67aa063.jpg

20130606_133557_zps88d880e9.jpg

A couple of bits of tar on this one, but all came out beautifully with som Iron X.

20130606_133446_zps864f70ca.jpg

The beasts -

20130606_112934_zps2a4b4e47.jpg

20130606_111732_zps36da8461.jpg

20130606_111736_zpsae745178.jpg

20130606_111722_zps8843cec3.jpg

I boiled my brake and PAS fluid this morning, so a change will be due soon. Also a Brembo upgrade needs to happen on the cheap, if anybody knows of anything. Can only really afford £350 ish, don't mind a cosmetic refurb.

A picture I took the other night before murdering an E46 M3 with a couple of his mates in the car, served him right for trying to race me :P

20130601_212635_HDR_zpsf8d78083.jpg

Yeah, comedy ***. Chassis wise Ron is TOTALLY standard other than a third hand set of coilovers....Stock bushes, roll bars, 288brakes, everything is stock 120k old. The tires are all different makes, the only branded tire is the drivers front which is a P6000.

It does not go round corners at all, but f**k me does it get out of then in an amazing style. Proper four wheel drift with the ESP off.

The fact that it's on 288s still scares me. As soon as either of us upgrade Phil needs to acquire the set of 312s that've been taken off. At least.

Phil has a set of brembos he has bought from me. He's had them for over a month now, and not yet fitted them, or paid for them as it happens....

Operation "Break In To The Workshop" may have to happen. I need new discs an pads soon so very tempted to just upgrade at the same time.

It would appear Mr Miller is having doubts about being able to pay for the brakes, not that he has told me this yet :lol: , despite them already being in his posession. As far as I'm concerned Phil has bought them, but if for any reason he needs to shift them on again to pay me off then perhaps you or jardo could jump in there for the steal!
  • Like 1

Yeah shall keep an ear to the ground on that front, though I suspect Jardo will snipe them. I'm in no rush at the mo so it's no biggy if he does.

Reeeeally need to get some car time this weekend to do all the little bits I've not gotten round to yet - I'm still running the car high as I've not put the LCR ARB on yet and need to remove the SAI too - on that note, do I need anything other than a blanking plate and resistors for that? I see mention of vac hose on a few guides but can't make out if that's essential or just because people tend to do several things at once. If so I'll have to grab some of that but shouldn't be too difficult to source I'm sure!

You shouldn't even need the resistors to be fair. Bring a skinny pair of fingers and a magnet on a stick, because you'll lose the bolts :P

Yeah, those Brembos are mine when Phil doesn't pay for them. Not that he knows that yet, but I know it's coming.

Jardo, why would you spend all the money on the Brembos if you're selling the car? Seems a bit pointless?

Luke, when I did the work on that Cupra, SAI removal was one of the things I did. You'll need some coolant too, because you have to take a flange off the block to get access to one of the bolts. Certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the vacuum hoses while its in bits. I didn't put a resistor on his, but he got it remapped, so the code was irrelevant anyway because it got deleted.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I need to know what the port circled in yellow on this gearbox is for. Its too cold out to go following the line, but it has a small leak so I need to know if it'll be gearbox oil that'll need topping up or not?

Thanks tf.

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v2/436661724/7C3W_Gearbox_for_Toyota_Hiace.jpg

Haha, even better, cheers! Worst case I'll have a play around though, will find some way of making things work

They don't have a wiring diagram but have said if I send them a photo of the damage they might be able to figure it out. I'm a bit busy this weekend due to a stag do in Bristol but will get a photo over to them within the next week or so and let you know how it goes.

Jardo, why would you spend all the money on the Brembos if you're selling the car? Seems a bit pointless?

Marty and I have an agreement, if I do the Brembos, fix the gearbox and fit a new front bumper (already done) he pays me more.

And I get to sell the car as a more complete package, to a friend as something they can be proud of.

I know people on here don't like him, but I think Chris Harris is one of the best motoring journalists out there.

Yeah me too. He's a lot better than Clarkson and those plebs on the telly, doesn't ham it up so to speak. He does good reviews, I especially liked the one on the pagani huyaura