The Car Thread

MadManMike

Hahahahahahaha you're such a total fanny.

All I haven't declared is something which has been technically covered by down pipe and full exhaust.

The way my new insurance company work is they set a BHP limit and base your premium on that, any supporting modifications are covered but they don't allow stripping, certain tyres or race livery.

So get back in your shit car driving box and come back with some insults when you know what you are talking about.

Even better, I was misguided slightly. It isn't illegal to drive a car without a cat when it should have one, laws have changed now but there is a Vehicle Defect Rectification Scheme which would require me to refit and reproduce an MOT if checked.

So why haven't you told them about the decat then?

Because I don't need to, I am insured to drive my vehicle up to a bhp of 250 regardless of spec as long as I don't use semi slick tires, strip it or have race livery. They ask for a list of mods as an advisory if ever a claim is made and so they can make sure your power declaration is realistic.

I could go out tomorrow and fully skin my car in carbon and technically still be insured and not need to declare it, as long as I don't up the power over 250.

Having quoted a 3" downpipe and 2.5" exhaust the cat will be included in that section because it is formed into the downpipe. Downpipe is declared, decat is part of it. I just haven't listed a decat on my list of modifications.

I think Robin has the same policy with the same company.

So get back in your shit car driving box and come back with some insults when you know what you are talking about.

Also this got old the first time you said it :) Grow up

But you've just said this no?

Only thing that hasn't been declared is the decat, obviously because the decat is illegal.

I'm guessing at that price you haven't declared the remap either?

Insurance is such a strange game!

Driving the Leon to the Lake District for a holiday at Centre Paris, and got caught up in a convoy of cars heading home from Modified Nationals at Peterborough. There were some hideously modified cars going past us, really have to question some peoples' tastes! Some nice ones too though to be fair.

I'm guessing at that price you haven't declared the remap either?

I don't see why not. Before I bought the Leon I was obviously shopping around for insurance and getting an idea of what it'd cost if I were to go down the modified route and that quote is exactly the same (to the pound) that I was given for a 250bhp limit regardless of mods. Are you paying considerably more/less, George?

Edit; Unless you mean because of the 205 incident, I suppose?

Someone on my Facebook has a hideous lupo that's lowered and stanced that went there today. Genuinely one of the worst modded cars I've ever seen!

Got an image?

I have a very funny feeling I may have come across this before.

I never claimed on the 205, po po came out, emergency services etc but I paid for recovery and damage to council property out of my own pocket. Scrapped the car and transferred the insurance to my 100e.

Council never claimed because I paid expenses and police had no interest at all; young lad in a 205 GTI, very wet road which had recently been refurbished and wasn't signed, off duty police officer as a witness who stated I wasn't speeding or racing. Was very very lucky.

I don't need to declare the map Seamons, I can literally do whatever I want up to 250hp. I have sent them a copy of the dyno sheet so everything is recorded.

Having larger brakes, rear anti roll bar and coilovers actually gave a small discount. The guy on the phone said that their logic was that coilovers made the car handle better, and if it was lowered more than 60mm the car would be slower and constantly avoiding pot holes anyway.

I can't believe I didn't deal with them last year.

Edited by Pashley26
  • Like 1

I can't think of the name of the kid right now, but it's a blue lupo, black wheels at that 'stancey' angle, it's lowered like fook too

Ah, that or something similar had come into the garage I'm at for its MOT last summer. It promptly failed.

I know there's a lot to be said for Jardo baiting, but come on Dan, really, declare a decat? what planet are you on pal?

I suggest you jump on the first elevator back down to planet earth, and leave your crazy ideas up up there on the moral high ground.

it's a 'Sports exhaust' with a downpipe if you like, but you can't declare a decat.

Dads friend has a Ford Mondeo 2004 130PS 2L diesel 100k miles for sale for £250. Tax for 6 weeks, no MOT. Crack in drivers side lower part of the screen, likely to need replacement. Rear pads and discs need replacing. Thats it as far as I can tell for MOT, car feels tight to drive and runs well. Interior is a little mucky but easily cleaned, just muddy rather than stained. Exterior is tatty but could look presentable with a jolly good clean up, several marks and dents, bonnet is heavily dented and would ideally need to be replaced but it functions.

Worked out that with parts, MOT and tax it will set me back £550 in total.

[url=http://s189.photobucket.com/user/pauloliver_photos/media/P5260063_zps84d9c96d.jpg.html]P5260063_zps84d9c96d.jpg[/

URL]

What do you guys think?

Edited by CurtisRider

So... those Aero wipers...

They look nice...

Buuuuuut - they don't work. Passenger side barely touches the glass, as a result it leaves a kind of rounded diamond shape of untouched dirt left behind. If the "old" style ones worked, why do these not?