The Motorbike Thread

Si-man

I haven't ridden my bike in 48hrs, I'm getting a little twitchy haha. Hopefully today or tomorrow my new tyres should arrive.

Ben

I went for a swim with my keys + fob in my back pocket. :(

Hoping new batteries will make it work. Can be doing with this bicycle riding to work :P

26 years old haha. Not that old really but it has done 44k miles, which is like a car doing 200k really. It's pretty worn so it burns oil and the clutch slips a bit and so on.

• Like 1

26 years old haha. Not that old really but it has done 44k miles, which is like a car doing 200k really. It's pretty worn so it burns oil and the clutch slips a bit and so on.

Heh, mine has 4k on the clock and is 32! :D What is your bike then? I thought you still had your Kawasaki but then you just mentioned it was a Honda.

Nice one mate. I'm on day 3 of walking to work, it sucks! Tyres better arrive today!

Ben

I had a flat a few weeks back on the way to work, called the local motorbike shop who picked it up and replaced the rear tyre and pads which where in desperate need. Cost £200 in the end so not tooooo bad.

Not too bad. Managed to pick up a barely Use bt021 and a front diablo Rossi also barely used for £100, just gotta wait for them to arrive so I can get them fitted!

Ben

Want to make sure they're similar compound or you could have a pretty hairy time mate. I wanted at Pilot Road 3 on the back but because I had a harder compound on the front they said it would be pretty dangerous.

My Dad's just taken my Goose for its MOT! Fingers crossed it will pass! Its bloody loud though...

On the phone to the insurance man now and because I'm canceling my current policy and starting a new one they're knocking over £70 off my new price! Was not expecting that! :D

Is that for the Goose or the MZ? What premiums will you be paying now?

Remember you don't need to put me on anything as a named rider now cos I got 3rd party on anything. (Y)

It worked out best to cancel my MZ policy and start a new one for the Goose, with all the fees and refunds included I paid £225 for 12 months on the Goose. :D

Just got a phone call and its passed! Going to pick it up now!

• Like 1

Thought I'd get into the old motorbike game. Done my CBT a few weeks ago and done my theory today.

My local test center had the oldest CRT monitors and a short ass mouse lead, which meant my face was about 12" from the frickin thing, horrible experience, however, that is the last Theory I'll ever have to do (hopefully).

Got a little SR125 to pootle about on and learn for the next couple of months then DAS it is.

4970489_b_b0782818fe13c130.jpg

sexy, sexy!