Whats Your Favourite Song?

danrobinson

I'm the same, I couldn't pinpoint one single song as my favourite though I could pick a variety of songs from different genres I really like such as Harder Than You Think by Public Enemy. Used to great effect in Channel 4s Paralympic advert.

My favorite piece of music is actually a collection of albums I never listen to, that said I don't need to listen to them because every detail is in my head.

My dad is a HUGE Pink Floyd fan and has been since day 1, he had a stoke when I was young and spent an entire 18 months paralyzed on one side to the point where his tissue was degrading and they thought he was going to be seriously disabled. The only enjoyment he had for 18 months was listening to Pink Floyd with me at night when I went to see him.

I never realised how much it meant to him, but when he gained a full recovery he told me that he had learnt a new meaning to all the lyrics and that the music spoke to him. He says it was all that made him want to continue, and that the music told him he had to fight.

All a bit gay, but I love the music and it means a lot to me. One day when he is gone, I'll probably have quite an attachment to this particular song -

:(

• Like 3

I'm the same, I couldn't pinpoint one single song as my favourite though I could pick a variety of songs from different genres I really like such as Harder Than You Think by Public Enemy. Used to great effect in Channel 4s Paralympic advert.

Yes that song is brilliant!

I could say Gridlok- Radar or BSE- Arrakis. Buuuttt i grew up on punk, and once i heard The Adolescents they were my favourite. I think it was probably almost a decade since i first heard it, and it still kicks ass. I think i will take this one with me.