Ultralight Because Color 20"

Canardweb

Looks really nice, glad to see you're happy with it! How do you find the 28h radial front wheel performing? Is it noticeably more prone to buckling on say a weekly basis compared to a 32h? I'm genuinely curious if they're reliable enough or not, I mean so long as the wheel isn't going out of true every few rides.

i guess you havent had them long but what does the life time on them look like ?

Well to be honest the thread on them looks really minimalistic so I wouldn't expect them to last a very long time. I would say around 6 months or so... But then again they are amazing tires so it's fine.

Looks really nice, glad to see you're happy with it! How do you find the 28h radial front wheel performing? Is it noticeably more prone to buckling on say a weekly basis compared to a 32h? I'm genuinely curious if they're reliable enough or not, I mean so long as the wheel isn't going out of true every few rides.

First of all it's not laced radial but 1x. But I had never had problems with the front wheels I have already used which were radial laced. That was 5 wheels I think.

Hm,I thought it looked pretty good in green, but I have to admit that this is even better. How long did it take to do it?

Yes I know the green was nice but the aim was to polish it straight when I built it up. I was just too much in a hurry to ride it!

Concerning the time it took, it's quite difficult to say really. I first used some special chemical products to make the lot of the work. I add to apply it 5 or 6 times with 20 to 30 minutes of cure between the applications and 10 minutes each time to remove the paint with a towel. Then I brushed the difficult parts (welds, between tubes...) with a brush made out of metal hair but that took like 10 minutes or so. Then I brushed it with sandpaper (first 800 then 1000 and then 1200). That took at least half an hour. Then finally I used car polish with a rest time of an hour and about 10 minutes to remove it. It was a long work but the result is here!

Glad you like it.

• Like 1

Yes I know the green was nice but the aim was to polish it straight when I built it up. I was just too much in a hurry to ride it!

Concerning the time it took, it's quite difficult to say really. I first used some special chemical products to make the lot of the work. I add to apply it 5 or 6 times with 20 to 30 minutes of cure between the applications and 10 minutes each time to remove the paint with a towel. Then I brushed the difficult parts (welds, between tubes...) with a brush made out of metal hair but that took like 10 minutes or so. Then I brushed it with sandpaper (first 800 then 1000 and then 1200). That took at least half an hour. Then finally I used car polish with a rest time of an hour and about 10 minutes to remove it. It was a long work but the result is here!

Glad you like it.

Basically,a lot of work lol,wish I had your patience.

You know the frame itself is pretty heavy. I hit it quite hard and it doesnt dent. For the rest I don't think you would break it THAT fast

Its not so much the frame, but forks.

I go through tryall forks in a matter weeks/ months. Id have to buy lighter parts for elsewhere on the bike to buy beefier forks.

Its not so much the frame, but forks.

I go through tryall forks in a matter weeks/ months. Id have to buy lighter parts for elsewhere on the bike to buy beefier forks.

Nah these forks last 1 year in the worst hands so don't worry they're worth it!!!

I tried riding my stock Sky2 today and I am thinking of selling the stock Sky2 as I don't get on with stocks anymore it seems...

Nah these forks last 1 year in the worst hands so don't worry they're worth it!!!

I tried riding my stock Sky2 today and I am thinking of selling the stock Sky2 as I don't get on with stocks anymore it seems...

Either pm me or message me on fb regarding the sky2 stock... Its Sam Kidney