Snow Watch 2012/2013

isitafox

Just had to give up on work because it's borderline as to whether I'd make it there, and it's still coming down heavy, so I'd probably not make it back. We've had around 3" so far, doesn't sound a lot to stop me, but no one here has a clue what to do in these conditions, the council included, so the roads get blocked stupidly/pointlessly quickly. Probably be fine a bit later once the roads have been used and cleared a bit more.

I went up to Machynlleth this week to see my brothers architecture exhibition at uni up there and on the way back yesterday we had to turn around and fine another route after ending up high in the hills in a proper blizzard. Pretty spectacular but not ideal part way into a 4 hour drive. Doesn't help that I was driving my mums car, which has every driver aid under the sun, none of which have a clue what to do in snow.

This was on the hills we had to turn around on, but 3 days earlier before the snow had set in properly:

379666_10151354090464855_713122549_n.jpg

545101_10151354090489855_708827773_n.jpg

• Like 2

Judging from the BBC news website the country has turned soft, you'd think the apocalypse was coming

Yup. The bbc news make it sound like if you go out you will die. "Take a phone, so you can let others know where you are!" If you're that incapable of driving into a safe spot, parking, walking back, you're probably retarded.

We got 3" here and it's still coming down lightly. Must say i'm highly disappointed, there was only a red weather warning 30 miles away and it's supposed to be amber here.

Forecast heavy rain this weekend and the temperature going upto around 5-6°C which I'm hoping will wash away this god awful stuff.

If it does I might even go for a ride in the pissing rain to celebrate actually being able to get my bike out the shed!

Was a mission, took 3/4 of an hour to drive 4 miles and only 10mins of that was the journey. The rest was trying to get out the car park at work and then trying to park up halfway down the estate with the assistance of a bloke in his t shirt and his daughter!