Onza Zoot

Grizz91

Hi,

Im new to the forum and looking at getting my first trials bike. Ive seen a 2010 Onza Zoot that im quite interested in, it has no seat and the 24" rims which im cool with, so thought i would read up a bit more on it.

Basically when i was reading up i saw that there were two different frames, or one with a seat and one without, i just wanted to know what the difference was, if any at all.

Also what do people think of the 2010 Onza Zoot?

Thanks, Josh

I dunno about the two different frames, or specifically the 2010 model but I just bought a 2012 Zoot and am pretty happy with it. Personally if your looking at pure trials I wouldn't recommend it but if you are going to go more down the streety road then it's a decent bike to learn on, just needs a few changes to make it perfect but it's very ride-able with out them

i didnt know theres a seatless one...pics?

I haven't bought it yet and the picture is bad but here it is..

$(KGrHqRHJEUFCZwUUQyYBQt2WnFzLw~~60_12.JPG

I dunno about the two different frames, or specifically the 2010 model but I just bought a 2012 Zoot and am pretty happy with it. Personally if your looking at pure trials I wouldn't recommend it but if you are going to go more down the streety road then it's a decent bike to learn on, just needs a few changes to make it perfect but it's very ride-able with out them

Thanks for your comment, i am looking to go kinda street as i have 3 towns about 20mins from where i live and a city where i travel to Uni. I'll probably start at home with wood pallets or something, i also have a sitting bench i could use.

Wow. One of the best forums I've been on for feedback. I appreciate everyone's input.

However I didn't manage to get the bike, it was slightly out of my price range. Bit gutted, but have found something else :)

I've just bought and paid for a used MAD Phase 1.2 a fair bit cheaper than the zoot. So looking forward to receiving it in the post hopefully end of next week.

I've read some good things about these too, although I did watch someone on a video snap their forks, but ill just replace with stronger ones if it ever came to that.

Although I was looking for a 24" I think for the price of the Phase 1.2 it will make a half decent learning bike.

I will post some pics up shortly on a new thread.

Wow. One of the best forums I've been on for feedback. I appreciate everyone's input.

However I didn't manage to get the bike, it was slightly out of my price range. Bit gutted, but have found something else :)

I've just bought and paid for a used MAD Phase 1.2 a fair bit cheaper than the zoot. So looking forward to receiving it in the post hopefully end of next week.

I've read some good things about these too, although I did watch someone on a video snap their forks, but ill just replace with stronger ones if it ever came to that.

Although I was looking for a 24" I think for the price of the Phase 1.2 it will make a half decent learning bike.

I will post some pics up shortly on a new thread.

Is it the red one that was on pinkbike? They are good to start on dude, with decent brakes. get a grind on first, and some decent brake pads. but as soon as you start progressing you'll need something with more bb rise, as i recall these are about +5. When you learn how to pedal kick properly, decent ish bb rise helps out a lot.

Is it the red one that was on pinkbike?

Not sure, i bought it on ebay but they may have advertised it on there too.

Ideal, ill bare that in mind as im not sure were id start when upgrading once i become a bit more experienced.

I have pics on the new thread.

Is it the red one that was on pinkbike? They are good to start on dude, with decent brakes. get a grind on first, and some decent brake pads. but as soon as you start progressing you'll need something with more bb rise, as i recall these are about +5. When you learn how to pedal kick properly, decent ish bb rise helps out a lot.

I wouldn't say that at all, change the frame when you snap it. People used to own on low bb bikes and they still can.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that at all, change the frame when you snap it. People used to own on low bb bikes and they still can.

Thats not what im getting at, the phase is ok to learn the basics on, but as soon as he starts to progress, and go bigger, a higher bb will help. Not mega high, but you have to admit a higher bb helps when on the back wheel

• 2 weeks later...