Clean 002 - Now With Extra Video!

Mark W

Dare i say it, Carl's was the most impressive, he's come a long way. His riding is smoother and techer than ever before. Great job man!

Thanks Nick, means a lot! Marks camera must have a smooth button on it though. The gap after the side over rail was ruff as hell (A)

• Like 1

As much as I found the whole vid impressive, Ali's segment f**ked my mind. Hope he never goes brakeless, it might be the in thing not to use brakes but having them gives you so much more possibilities.

Proof that hope is worthless:

http://vimeo.com/47659767

Ali also had quite a few brakeless clips in the 002 video too. He had rotors on sometimes while he didn't actually have brakes on, so you might want to take a look at his bars from time to time...

Anyways, thanks to everyone for all the comments.

When I was editing this, there was a bunch of clips that didn't fit into the video for one reason or another - I've whipped up another little video featuring them which you can check out either here or more conveniently, here:

http://vimeo.com/55959706

Sorry Dave, no blank screens this time.

Oh, also:

This is stunningly! Mark, your riding is soooo smooth. What gear ratio you have now?

22:15, which is the same ratio Ali was using too.

The frames we're riding are made by Inspired. They won't be out for a little while as we're trying to make sure they're perfect before they're released. The current ones are amazing but Inspired reckon they can do better - should be cool to see how they work out :)

• Like 2

I have now watched the main video more times then I do my own (which is a lot....gotta get them views up)...

I think it's a tie between this video and Joel's video as my favourite this year! Both remind me just how much I'd like to get down and ride the estates in London!

Obviously ali's riding is awesome, but I think all four sections deserve credit for their own reasons, but I couldn't help think that you 'downplayed' your own section a little mark. The riding was good don't get me wrong, but it kinda felt like you didn't put as much effort into the edit in that part as you did in the other three sections.

Flipp really is improving everytime, and the brakeless really makes his riding more incredible (certainly would be interested to see his skills with the additions of brakes though).

I think my favourite line was ali's gturn into frenchie manual (where dogs hate him), followed by flipps side hop to thin planter into gap.

All in all a brilliant videos guys! Really wish I could get down to ride the spots you guys get too!! ABZ just isn't cutting it anymore!

I very much look forward to a clean 003??

So epic! Watched several times now. All of you guys are killing it and was such a pleasure to watch. Im sure a lot of time and effort has clearly gone into creating it.

Flipp - So impressed dude, your lines are inspiring! Want to ride again soon!

Carl - keeping it smooth man!

Mark - 10.25 was the coolest clip of the whole vid!

Ali - off the wall! Unbelievable vision for lines and performed with masses of style!

Keep it up guys! I will never tire watching these productions!

Edited by STEVE-0

I couldn't help think that you 'downplayed' your own section a little mark. The riding was good don't get me wrong, but it kinda felt like you didn't put as much effort into the edit in that part as you did in the other three sections.

All in all a brilliant videos guys! Really wish I could get down to ride the spots you guys get too!! ABZ just isn't cutting it anymore!

I very much look forward to a clean 003??

Thanks for the comments Ben :) In retrospect I think you're probably right about my part. I basically hated watching those clips of myself because I felt like each clip wasn't that great in terms of the riding. For almost every clip I knew the riding could have been much better, so I didn't really enjoy watching it back at all. I think that translated into me being fairly loose with the editing for it in some cases just because I really didn't like watching some of it back. A good example would be the second-to-last line I do where I still don't get why I didn't just do a nice hop into that bank. I'm sure Ali will verify how much I cry like a bitch about not doing stuff right like that ;)

If you ever want to head down our way and stay that's cool - we've got some space you're welcome to crash in. It'd still be good to head up and meet you in Glasgow too, especially after seeing the BSD series from there.

I don't see why there wouldn't be an 003 video either. It's fun going out and filming for a bigger sort of project like this so I'd like to do it again. Just need to find a new 'angle' for it :P

• Like 1

I'm up for filming anywhere really, it's mainly a question of money. It worked out as being around 12,000-15,000 miles in total for this video and although some of that was shared with other people it still basically works out as being £loads. I try not to let money really dictate how things work too much, but there comes a limit at some point :P

The shiny new Rover seems to be a bit better in terms of mpg though so maybe I can get a bit further afield ;)