steel midnight purple 24" comp bike build (new paint page 9)

dezmtber

The frame set me back £340 its cheap really. The paint and metal bending looks a bit medevil but it does the job and looks fine so long as your not an engineer you won't find fault in it. The geo is right everthing fits no problem. I would expect to pay much more around £500-£600 to get the same quality finish i expect.

But for £340 I am more than impressed with what i got.

I have fitted some echo tr cranks and trial tech 18t cog n bash. And some higher bars with the try all 2013 stem and now it rides better than my rockman

• Like 1

Honestly I wish I had now.

It's cool to have the two gear options I can use 18x 14 for street stuff and 18 x 15 for comp style stuff and can change it at any time. But I now remember how much of a ball ache tensioners are there just sooo gay. And annoying.

If jaf is reading out of intrest could the dropouts be changed if i can't put up with them?

Those drop out do look a bit of a let down like. Could have horizontals, get rid of the tensioner Go ffw and you'd shave loads of weight, but I guess if you cared about weight you wouldn't of got a steel frame. Tryed to word that without sounding a dick, sorry if I do sound like a bell end.

Honestly I wish I had now.

It's cool to have the two gear options I can use 18x 14 for street stuff and 18 x 15 for comp style stuff and can change it at any time. But I now remember how much of a ball ache tensioners are there just sooo gay. And annoying.

If jaf is reading out of intrest could the dropouts be changed if i can't put up with them?

Yes (Y)

Just pop me an e-mail if it gets to that stage buddy :).

Cheers,

Josh.

Fixed rear hubs with space for more than one sprocket are pretty damned rare these days.

Yeah, I'd personally just stick to one ratio. But that's probably because I'm the sort of guy who bikes different bikes for different applications.

• Like 1

You just have too much bloody money ;)

I collected most of my bikes since I was 11, money can go a long way if you dedicate it to one thing... I don't have much money at all, lol. I manage to get new trials stuff without too much money issues by selling old trials stuff.

• Like 3