steel midnight purple 24" comp bike build (new paint page 9)

dezmtber

I've actually been considering 18-13 because anything faster than a slow crawl and I can't get any power in to go up / across stuff

I found that. I mosty do static moves anyway, so doesnt bother me much. But up to rears are a chore.

I think I've given up on my 24" anyway. Having more fun on a mod recently.

not overly keen on the arched back look the frame has, was a lower stand over height not an option? or would that have caused chain rub issues with the 'seat'stay?

does look sweet though!

I like it, apart from how cluttered the back end looks :)

have agree with this.

you only running the ss setup rather than a two speed? i'd ditch the r/mech tensioner setup if you are :)

edit - i don't mean it to sound as rude as i'm coming across here (A)

Edited by trials hoe

Some better pics here

FINALLY! Haha. Been wanting to see just a plain and simple side-shot for ever.

Looks really nice built up. Only thing I'd think about changing is as above - if you're only running one gear, there are much less cumbersome tensioning products/techniques available :P

(ARE you just on singlespeed now? How's the mix'n'match hub performing?)

Are they the Spade forks? I never realized how big they looked. Almost look like a modern take on Fatty D's :P "Stern" is the word I'd like to use to describe them.

I got mine for £340 all in, a very good price imo great frames and it will last me years if I snap it I can just weld it back and good as new :) u can't say that about any other frames really except Marino. But the jaf will be much cheaper posting back for any repairs :)

no no,i didnt.i´d rather think welding alu is senseless.

if you glue 2 pieces of cheese together it will always snap near the glue,because the glue is harder than cheese.

:wink2:

maybe the first alu frame made completely out of welding material will not be likely to snap lol

Edited by FamilyBiker
  • Like 1

its like to heat a parmesan to let it get emmentaler consistency and then think youll have the same tensile strength again.

emmentaler has to dry to get hard again,but will never be parmesan again,unless you do it in a gas atmosphere...

i´ll stick to the knife with wich the cheese is beeing cut,best knifes are made of steel

haha that comparison was ill

• Like 1