Paint stripping

Jake.

Right, I'm going to home base later in today but I've been told and I've also read online that the new stuff is terrible for stripping paint.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do? I don't want to sandblast it or anything, I'd like it to be a home job if possible.

if this ( http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=715653 ) works as well as the stuff in the vid it could be worth a go even though its different stuff. not cheap either, the brush on stuff says 'works for up to 24hours' which probably means leave for at least 24 hours. the new stuff is certainly shit.

You need to look for stripper in a plastic container as any stripper in a metal container will be weak as the main ingredients in stripper that works will eat through a tin provided there is enough! Also any stripper in a plastic container will be stronger than the old nitromors aswell!

Look on industrial websites or maybe automotive shops specializing in the painting side of things. I have some saved in my favourites that is 5L but will have to link it later as I'm on my phone :)

You need to look for stripper in a plastic container as any stripper in a metal container will be weak as the main ingredients in stripper that works will eat through a tin provided there is enough! Also any stripper in a plastic container will be stronger than the old nitromors aswell!

I was thinking exactly that walking around homebase, I'll give nitromors a try with jet wash... If that's totally useless I'll ditch it, if it shows some sign of rawing it then I'll keep at it until the tin is empty.

Spotted this on another topic that had been linked to me, I'm definitely interested in this but will probably look for a 1 or 2l version. http://www.alloypaints.com/starchem-paint-stripper-5-ltrs-70-p.asp

Balls to spending £22.99 on some stripper.

Get down your local industrial estate to a blasters. I got my Onza Genesis frame and forks bead blasted last week for £18.00

Droped it in one day and picked it up the next - looks mint, no pitting at all

Ideally you want to get it soda blasted - its the least aggressive of the blasting types available.

Put bolts in all the threads, knock in an old headset and put an old BB in it.

Edited by J.KYDD