So what do people think of trials addicts page on facebook?

Ben Gosden

I dont mind there facebook page as it made tarty start doing good promotions and deals since they were competition.

It may seem that way (Jack certainly implied it on Facebook) but it was largely coincidence.

We have a list of website upgrades and rolling changes planned with our web developers, and a rough time schedule of when they'll be going live. When our promo code system went live we decided to upgrade our Facebook presence from a (fairly shit) Group to a (slightly less shit) dedicated Page as we thought it would allow us to actually use the promo code system more. That was all there was to it really - nothing more, nothing less.

As Tarty bikes are now the uk distributer for echo, they set up this website http://www.echobikewarranty.co.uk/

And left off TA.

I am no expert but, I wouldn't be surprised if TartyBikes did set up that website, as the only UK distributer/dealer they will recieve all the UK stock direct from Echo and then distribute them to re-sellers, including themselves.

Part of that means that they have to deal will all warranty claims from UK (and people who have bought from TB), perhaps the issue is that TA aren't getting stock from the UK distributer...

I thought we were talking about this website http://www.echobike.com and the list on there and that Adam had set that up, which would mean he was actually Deng (never seen a picture of him.....?)

I'm far less impressed with this story and its lack of hidden identity's and conspiracy :(

Edited by Scotty Evil1
  • Like 2

A similar situation happened a while back with FSA components. Their official UK distributor set up a similar website to the echobikewarranty one, and FSA started printing serial numbers on everything so they could keep track of where the grey imports were coming from.

Echo fully support their official retailers / distributors (hence the statement they released last June: http://www.echobike.com/news.htm), so you will start to see serial numbers on all Echo parts in the near future. The latest GU and Echo frames already have them. This will allow Echo to figure out which channels grey imported products are following. We set the warranty website up to help customers to keep track of their purchases, and to help Echo with their aim of ensuring all their products are sold through the correct channels.

PS: As Mark says, we constantly have a list of changes and updates planned. At the moment that list extends to over 2 year's worth. The Facebook page thing was purely coincidental timing.

• Like 1

A similar situation happened a while back with FSA components. Their official UK distributor set up a similar website to the echobikewarranty one, and FSA started printing serial numbers on everything so they could keep track of where the grey imports were coming from.

Echo fully support their official retailers / distributors (hence the statement they released last June), so you will start to see serial numbers on all Echo parts in the near future. The new frames already have them. This will allow Echo to figure out which channels grey imported products are following. We set the warranty website up to help customers to keep track of their purchases, and to help Echo with their aim of ensuring all their products are sold through the correct channels.

PS: As Mark says, we constantly have a list of changes and updates planned. At the moment that list extends to over 2 year's worth. The Facebook page thing was purely coincidental timing.

I fully understand the reason you set up the website, and I also understand the reason you left TA off the dealers section is because you think TA is buying their parts illegally.

But I can 100% guarantee that this isn't the case, and all the parts are actually legit.

I thought we were talking about this website http://www.echobike.com and the list on there and that Adam had set that up, which would mean he was actually Deng (never seen a picture of him.....?)

I'm far less impressed with this story and its lack of hidden identity's and conspiracy :(

Ever noticed that Adam and Deng have never been seen in the same room together?

A quick google brings this up, Deng exists

al7-4.jpg

• Like 2

I fully understand the reason you set up the website, and I also understand the reason you left TA off the dealers section is because you think TA is buying their parts illegally.

But I can 100% guarantee that this isn't the case, and all the parts are actually legit.

You say that, but if Tartybikes is the only UK dealer of Echo stuff, and Trials Addict isn't getting their Echo stuff from Tartybikes, then you're wrong.

These silly arguments make me feel really sorry for you and the rest of the Tarty crew Adam :( All the hard work they put in just for people to argue over stuff that isn't strictly their business :(

At which point did it sound remotely like I wanted an argument, I've just totally agreed with everything Adam said.

All this bitching seriously isn't good for the trials community lets just ride our bikes.

Brad, Ben and I had this discussion around 7 weeks ago. He pledged to prove, in the form of invoices from official suppliers, that all his Echo stock has been obtained through the correct channels. That proof hasn't materialised yet. Until it can be shown that Trials Addict have obtained all of their Echo stock legitimately, we have reason - including information from Echo themselves - to believe otherwise. However, I have held off releasing the warranty site to give Ben and Jack chance to prove themselves, as I believe it unfair to publicly tarnish a new company's reputation with no closure on the matter.

• Like 5

At which point did it sound remotely like I wanted an argument, I've just totally agreed with everything Adam said.

All this bitching seriously isn't good for the trials community lets just ride our bikes.

Noo Brad, i wasn't talking about you at all, more sort of the whole thread which seems to be going down the TA vs TB battle again :'(

Ever noticed that Adam and Deng have never been seen in the same room together?

A quick google brings this up, Deng exists

al7-4.jpg

I'm saying that could still be Adam!

Untill Adam can prove, In the form of pictures, that he and Deng are seperate people. I will have to believe that Adam is actually a chinese bicycle manufacturer /sweatshop owner

• Like 10

Untill Adam can prove, In the form of pictures, that he and Deng are seperate people. I will have to believe that Adam is actually a chinese bicycle manufacturer /sweatshop owner

Haha! *Books flights to China* :giggle:

Anyway, it's Friday evening and I'm tired. Time to go home!

Why is it that dumb/pointless threads always attract the most attention? :D

This is no longer a pointless thread, we are uncovering the truth

Have you ever noticed how quickly they get orders out the door? I think you are on to something.... :giggle:

We are down the rabbit hole!

Notice that the tartybikes newsletters just come out? Trying to act like everything is normal....

Edited by Scotty Evil1
  • Like 3

I don't see this as a pointless thread anymore, I think shit just got interesting.

The quote from TA's site...

Due to the Grey importing concerns. Since the begging[sic] of June 2012 Echo now only have one representative in the UK and we deal directly with themselves.

But, but, but, but... How can they be dealing with Tartybikes directly if Tartybikes are waiting for Trials Addict to show proof of purchase for their Echo parts.

Surely if Trials Addict are buying from the only official distributor (Tarty's) then the aforementioned distributor (Tarty's) would remember this and have a record of this sale!

Something doesn't add up here.

The consumers want answers!