D. Watson will ride for Crazybike?

clerictgm

How can something be stronger by opinion. I broke a marino, the headtube folded. I didn't ask for lighter tubing or anything like that.

I also don't know how someone can be slated for talent.

Basically I am 99% certain that this damage wasn't inflicted through riding. I don't think anyone has slated Damon's riding capabilities.

Edited by shercofray

Basically I am 99% certain that this damage wasn't inflicted through riding. I don't think anyone has slated Damon's riding capabilities.

Wow I wish I had quoted the first thing you wrote. Back tracking much. Also I never mentioned anything to do with his damage, I was referring to familybiker's comment.

• Like 1

How can something be stronger by opinion. I broke a marino, the headtube folded. I didn't ask for lighter tubing or anything like that.

I also don't know how someone can be slated for talent.

obviously an earlier model made from "carbon steel" wich was basically like hiten,bendable and heavy.i couldnt state to know for sure if its ten times stronger but i´m guessing they are because 4140 crmo is higher in tensile strength and elastic module,leading to stronger frames.and his welding abilities are better than ever,too.

ten times was exxagerated,sure.but if you broke even an old marino you´ll be cracking any available aluminium frame for sure.

wich leads us to the next point:

This is gonna start an argument but hey marinos are crap quality and made from shit steel and also look like they have been made in a shed !

if you compare them to serial frames made in big quantities in taiwan or else,yes.

hey,the first ones where made in a shed,did you know?

and even back then they were pretty good given the one who made them is living in a country we all would call "poor",with multiple times less technical oportunities to build frames,i.e. anvil frame jigs or something.

he had to build his own jig to start welding frames.

taking all circumstances into account (people waiting for their frames etc) i´d still say his work is awesome..

if anyone wants to throw me phrases like:"stop waving your hardon´bout marino"like ross did:if someone was vegan,would you say he should stop?stop trying to correct an opinion someone has,its impossible.

marino is a friend of mine, staying behind your friends work is wrong?

for all those who´d say yes,youre facebook victims obviously :wink2:

Edited by FamilyBiker

I think Ross may have been pointing out that if you're sponsored by a company, you don't have to do stuff like going into other threads - e.g. Josh's thread about his OWN frame that he himself had made - and start "jokingly" trying to point out that Marino got there first. Similarly, coming up with exaggerated claims like your "ten times stronger" thing just undermines whatever else you're likely to say about them, and by association might make people less keen on getting a Marino. You're saying now that it was just an exaggeration on your part, but in your first post it seems like you're basically stating a fact, and if your facts don't actually hold any water then people are going to be less likely to believe or want to hear anything else you've got to say.

In fairness, Marino's work has improved, but the geometry on the frames seems to sometimes be fairly freestyle. That's based on frames people I know received back when they were relatively shit quality, and some of the more recent ones too. For the price they're not bad, but yeah, I still think the accuracy of the geo could be bettered.

:if someone was vegan,would you say he should stop?stop trying to correct an opinion someone has,its impossible.

There's a difference between holding an opinon, and constantly trying to force that opinion on everyone else. I don't like the taste of tea, but if I see people drinking tea I don't go "You shouldn't drink tea, coffee is 10 times better than tea."

i would pay to see the video of that gap/drop/whatever he destroyed the frame.

I'll sell it to you :shifty:

I'm sure many Russians treat Damon as some sort of god, let's hope this doesn't backfire when they find out their god can be a bit of a dick. Imagine all those angry Russians, scary shit!

• Like 5

they have hammers,lots of hammers.and thats nothing,imagine all the screwdrivers....

mark,i´m not a sponsored rider,and i think other germans would´ve been understanding better what my sense of humor is about.

we´re different in that.

many of the things i post arent supposed to sound like they obviously do.

try to translate sarcasm and stuff,youll end up having just written letters everyone could interprete another way.

nix für ungut, a german would say

lets just continue with more important things like:

will watson rip echo off?

lol

Edited by FamilyBiker

was damon that bad? seen his vids and such, but noting of his personality/ethics and his riding was epic though.

also that marino was equally epically mashed, can't foresee any move that would result in destruction like that........

imagine all the screwdrivers....

hopefully they wont be phillips..............they're the worst

Edited by trials hoe

was damon that bad? seen his vids and such, but noting of his personality/ethics and his riding was epic though.

also that marino was equally epically mashed, can't foresee any move that would result in destruction like that........

hopefully the wont be phillips..............they're the worst

yea what does damon do to annoy alot of people ?

I know of several riders selling on parts from their sponsors. I know Damon and he isn't one of them.

Isn't the Curve Andy's got from Damon? I thought he'd also sold a 24" Ozonys frame to someone on here too? He also had a 'For Sale' thread on here with a load of Trialtech parts and stuff like that, although they might have been parts he was specifically given to sell or something. One of his friends was also telling me on the phone about a Neon frame he was building up which he got off Damon.

• Like 1