couple clips from damon watson

gu trials

So you're saying the preload at 14 seconds is a clear large preload??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

16 seconds?

22 seconds?

45 seconds?

1:08?

No. His ass doesn't come anywhere near the tire...and that's in just the first minute of that video.

Edited by rupintart

This guy got it right.

Yep, not even being sarcastic, I started to hit the gym about a year ago (for health reasons, had to gain a lot of weight..) and I noticed a big improvement in my riding, not only I could go bigger but my resistance and health improved too, allowing me to ride a lot more.

So you're saying the preload at 14 seconds is a clear large preload??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

16 seconds?

22 seconds?

45 seconds?

No. His ass doesn't come anywhere near the tire...and that's in just the first minute of that video.

I can see him preloading. Him not going all the way down is irrelevant, he still uses a strong preload.

16 seconds?

22 seconds?

45 seconds?

what's your point here? I've had a read through and you start by saying technique doesn't matter if you go to the gym then you changed your mind and said its all about technique with gym training. Edited by dngr2self
  • Like 1

16 seconds?

22 seconds?

45 seconds?

Yeah but his tyre is still compressing all the way to the rim, he's just using muscle as apposed to mass

16 seconds?

22 seconds?

45 seconds?

Trevor Bodogh comes to my mind.

You can preload and cause your tire to compress, it's called low air pressure. I can cause my tire to completely compress from just pedaling. Tire compressing doesn't indicate anything other than a shift in weight and momentum that overcomes the air pressure in the tire.

I was pointing out the fact that he said "there's a clear LARGE preload...practically a full squat" and I pointed out 5 moves in the first minute of the video where he CLEARLY didn't have a large preload. And now I'm replied with "him going all the way down is irrelevant" when that was CLEARLY your argument of him doing a full squat. Classic foot-in-mouth-in-ass. And people wonder how threads like this keep going, lol.

And dngr2self, re-read, I just did and I think I may have had it in a weird order because of the replies I was making...it doesn't take "only technique" to get you massive, which is why I pointed out that Cherushnov video. Guy is horribly unsmooth and just tossed himself at things. That's not technique, that's muscling around with a bike under you. He will only get so far before he just starts breaking shit uncontrollably (if that's already not happening) before he needs to improve his technique to be smoother and make things last. I then proceeded to say that also/conversely, technique will also only take you so far, as now all the pros have been hiring trainers to build muscle so that they can start doing the same thing Cherushnov guy is doing, albeit with quite a bit more finesse. It's a game of balancing the two. You'll reach a point/plateau with either of them singularly before you need to start exploring the other side.

Look at Aurlien Fontenoy, he already could go HUGE. He got a trainer to specifically increase his numbers, now he has vids on facebook of the absolutely MASSIVE gaps. I doubt those gains could have been realized in that short of a time without a trainer making him gain muscle mass.

AND THAT'S THE POINT I WAS MAKING WITH DAMON WATSON. The guy has massive power from years of lifting, but has also been riding a bike long enough to have technique DIALED. So it's no surprise he can go HUGE. Yes, he was going big back before he became a tank (like Aurlien)....his added strength and mass just exponentially increased his performance.

Is that clear enough?

Edited by rupintart

Whether you acknowledge it or not Joe Pratt has a very clear and powerful preload.

The russian guy has a larger range of motion which I would also class as a powerful preload.

Now please stop replying because your opinion ultimately means dog shit to me.

In fact I'd like to know how old you are? I guessing it's young

• Like 1

Now please stop replying because your opinion ultimately means dog shit to me.

In fact I'd like to know how old you are? I guessing it's young

You would be gueassing very wrong. Also what makes you think your opinion doesn´t mean shit to him or anyone else??? You keep replying, so can everyone else, at least he isn´t vulgar like you are. He is right in what he states, big preload doesn´t mean higher sidehops, it´s all about the speed you can get out of it, for some people(mostly tall guys but there are exceptions of course) big preloads do more harm than good. Case in point http://vimeo.com/13686822 6:47 Lengyel isn´t preloading too much either.

Are you seriously arguing about how much someone preloads..

Yes and it´s fun, feel free to join us ;)

• Like 1

You would be gueassing very wrong. Also what makes you think your opinion doesn´t mean shit to him or anyone else??? You keep replying, so can everyone else, at least he isn´t vulgar like you are. He is right in what he states, big preload doesn´t mean higher sidehops, it´s all about the speed you can get out of it, for some people(mostly tall guys but there are exceptions of course) big preloads do more harm than good. Case in point http://vimeo.com/13686822 6:47 Lengyel isn´t preloading too much either.

Yes and it´s fun, feel free to join us ;)

It really isnt