couple clips from damon watson

gu trials

Inb4 topic gets closed due to petty argument over power vs technique or TGS being crap.

I'm sure I posted a topic about gym and nutrition and the benefits it would have on riding not so long ago... I think Damon is a great example of how someone can gain more height and distance on moves by using weights and diet to improve the power they can put into moves.

In relation to the clips - he is a monster, I could watch clips of him ride over and over again. In my opinion technique and power are both equally important. If anyone wants to argue that squats, deadlifts and other explosive exercise have no affect on the power one is able to put into sidehops and gaps go for it.

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Edited by JoNnY__Mc
  • Like 3

It wasent, it was last Friday at the Scunthorpe indoor spot.

It's also not all about going to the gym you simple minded person. A major part of it is technique refinement.

If you don't get the fact I was being sarcastic, you need to get out your own ass. For the rest of your replies you might as well go lick his balls.

So good to see Damon back on a bike. Ignoring all the critisism and opinion about his character, which doesnt bother me at all as I've never met him. To the majority of riders around the world watching his video's, its insignificant who gets on with him and who doesn't. His style kicks arse, as an urban TGS rider few can touch him for precision and sheer balls. Definately an inspiration to the trials community pushing the limits of going big.

How is his Knee holding up, Is he able to ride to full potential?

Look forward to him making more video's once Summer arrives.

Edited by jigga
  • Like 1

another daft arguement.. yawnnn.

i think lifting does help if im honest, since starting again i feel WAY more powerful then i used too, now iv just gotta get some hours in on the bike and get my techniques down to a tee.

my video has been started, about 1/3rd complete :) just got to pray for decent weather :)

• Like 2

If you don't get the fact I was being sarcastic, you need to get out your own ass. For the rest of your replies you might as well go lick his balls.

When all I've said is power needs to be aided with technique? Yeh ok then, I'm up my own arse lol. Stop being a knob.

Ghostrider seems to know Damon better than Damon knows him self? Not that this is over important, but there's some awful videos on hear, Far worse than 2 clips of 10ft gaps. That potato was expensive as hell then, it's filmed on a dslr(canon 600d) in 1080p. Bitter b*****d ghostie ;) lighten up!

Ghostrider seems to know Damon better than Damon knows him self? Not that this is over important, but there's some awful videos on hear, Far worse than 2 clips of 10ft gaps. That potato was expensive as hell then, it's filmed on a dslr(canon 600d) in 1080p. Bitter b*****d ghostie ;) lighten up!

I´m not bitter, I just expect more from him ;)

You don't need technique to go big. Anybody who thinks that is sadly mistaken. Those of you who say you need equal amounts of technique with gym time have OBVIOUSLY never been in a gym to see how much gym time will just improve what you have without any of this "refining." A month in the gym without riding then swinging a leg over you'll find you either didn't lose any height/distance or you can actually go farther. Sit around for a month of not riding and DON'T go to the gym, you'll be disappointed with how you're riding results turned out.

Anyways, to the video of no technique, massive power. Check this guy out. Worst technique ever but he's just a f**king muscle robot snatching a bike around:

https://vimeo.com/47463194

Damon lifts a lot and just happens to ride a bike a lot too. He goes big AND has good technique for what he does (because he rides a bike a lot). What's so damn hard to understand about that? Lotsa haters I suppose.

Edited by rupintart

The guy you posted in that video doesnt go that big, I am a skinny bast (in comparison to damon / that unit you showed in the video), and back in the day i've gone just as big as that i'd say. (/end of blowing my own trumpet. Fell off the end of the bed and banged my head...)

You are very wrong if you think there is no use in technique! I'd also point you to both CLS, who is a wee bean pole (sorry craig), and even tunni isnt a complete unit, yet both two of the biggest street riders to this day.

The guy in your video does have technique, it just isn't as controlled as it could be, and needs a little refining.

I am looking foward to seeing some riding again from Damon, i just hope his video is on the streets rather than in a warehouse on pallets. :)

• Like 1

Anyways, to the video of no technique, massive power. Check this guy out. Worst technique ever but he's just a f**king muscle robot snatching a bike around:

https://vimeo.com/47463194

That guy has tons of technique! Seen his f**king preloads man! Practically does a full squat every gap

• Like 1

You are very wrong if you think there is no use in technique! I'd also point you to both CLS, who is a wee bean pole (sorry craig), and even tunni isnt a complete unit, yet both two of the biggest street riders to this day.

Very very true! back in the day when i started riding i didnt goto the gym, i was getting better and better ever year gaining height and distance, a great example of this is Alec Wray! Onza and 3sixty rider, you just watch him! @ghostrider88

So a full squat means technique? I guess the 3 million other people (Joseph Prattley comes to mind) who have "no preload" but can still sidehop 48 inches have no technique. I know of a couple riders locally who can sidehop 8-9 pallets with almost no preload....preload doesn't define anything. That guy just throws his bike around.

https://vimeo.com/53367596

Technique will only get you so far. It will be more efficient than the guy throwing his bike around, but the same goal is achieved, big gaps/ups. It's why all the pro's started getting trainers and going to the gym, to add some muscle behind all that crazy technique they have.

So a full squat means technique? I guess the 3 million other people (Joseph Prattley comes to mind) who have "no preload" but can still sidehop 48 inches have no technique. I know of a couple riders locally who can sidehop 8-9 pallets with almost no preload....preload doesn't define anything. That guy just throws his bike around.

https://vimeo.com/53367596

Technique will only get you so far. It will be more efficient than the guy throwing his bike around, but the same goal is achieved, big gaps/ups. It's why all the pro's started getting trainers and going to the gym, to add some muscle behind all that crazy technique they have.

Joseph Prattley has a clear large preload which you can see in the link you just posted.

if you think you can be described as having good technique and not have a significant preload then you are a moron