uci live result

trialsiain

From posts on Facebook etc., it seems that Gilles pulled out in protest at the organisation. From what various people have been saying, problems included unrideable, dangerous sections, poor timing, impartial observers, poor access for spectators and the safety of riders being at risk. A lot of that will have been exacerbated by the weather conditions (four inches of mud, apparently) Riders and their supporters that were there seem very frustrated and angry and are talking about writing to the UCI together to make an official complaint.

If the conditions were that bad maybe it have been more of a moving statement if he had got all the riders to stop in protest rather than just doing it himself and looking like he just couldn't hack it.

That's what some people have been saying. There seems to be some talk of doing that if there's another one like it. I think the weather conditions made things worse, but it was the fact that the sections were so difficult even in the qualifiers, then got made harder for the semis and harder again for the finals, meaning that all spectators saw was people falling off in the mud and that riders were at risk all the time that he was protesting against. A lot of other riders and supporters have commended him for doing it, so it seems as though they're behind him in spirit, even if they didn't follow his example (this time at least).

I don't know how he went about it, so not sure if it'll have looked like he couldn't hack it, but there doesn't seem to have been anyone saying that afterwards, so presumably everyone's aware of his reasons.

If the conditions were that bad maybe it have been more of a moving statement if he had got all the riders to stop in protest rather than just doing it himself and looking like he just couldn't hack it.

Ho could have just finish race getting five on the very first obstacle in every of the 3section he didn´t finish and still be on podium. I think it´s pretty obvious he did what every normal thinking rider would and should, it´s shame others didn´t follow. I don´t know why whould they train all year for this comedy and then get injured in first round like Kenny did last year.

I read they had a platform suspended between trees via chains.... scary enough in the dry let alone in the wet! I don't think the sections would have been such an issue if they had just prepper them in the expectance of having rain. It just doesn't make the sport look very professional when everyone is just slipping, sliding and falling off on every section.

I read they had a platform suspended between trees via chains.... scary enough in the dry let alone in the wet! I don't think the sections would have been such an issue if they had just prepper them in the expectance of having rain. It just doesn't make the sport look very professional when everyone is just slipping, sliding and falling off on every section.

I actually think that sounds pretty cool. I saw a photo on Facebook of some pallets on their sides at an angle that looked interesting too. Nice to see people trying something a bit different. From what I've seen, the sections look like they would have been cool in the dry and just weren't adjusted for the conditions, which was obviously a mistake.

• Like 1

on that picture the platform is tied to the trees so it wont move

and its said in UCI rules that moving obstacles are not allowed for safety reasons

Yeah, I was just picturing something different when it was described earlier in the thread. It'd be interesting to see how they define moving obstacles then, since they allowed the rollers in the Motorex section at the Worlds in Saalfelden. It'd also be interesting to see what they say about adjusting the difficulty level sections according t the conditions on the day, as that would also have safety implications (as it did this weekend) and the rule (if there is one) obviously wasn't enforced in Germany.

But yeah, my point was really only that it looked like they'd done a few different things with the sections that would have been pretty cool if it hadn't been for the conditions making things too difficult/unsafe. I wasn't there though, so I don't really know, I'm just going on hearsay and the few photos that I've seen.