New brand CrossBow - by Xavi Casas

-G-

This Crossbow design looks cool but is very poor, and will naturally will be weaker than a traditional frame design, which is uses trusses to maximize strength and stiffness. Anyone who's studied a bit of mechanics will tell you that.

Edited by Scoox

I think your asking too much for the design, you seem like you just want to brake it to say "look its shit I broke it".. yet if anyone brakes a koxx "no no, its a "pure comp" frame"...

The bike looks great, and probably isn't designed for Damon to jump on, or anyone over X Kg. I see it being suited to light riders <= 75kg

If your too fat for it then dont buy one :),

When you buy anything you decide if its suitable for you. Dosent make it bad if its not suited to you.

I think your asking too much for the design, you seem like you just want to brake it to say "look its shit I broke it".. yet if anyone brakes a koxx "no no, its a "pure comp" frame"...

The bike looks great, and probably isn't designed for Damon to jump on, or anyone over X Kg. I see it being suited to light riders <= 75kg

If your too fat for it then dont buy one :),

When you buy anything you decide if its suitable for you. Dosent make it bad if its not suited to you.

The company actually commented though and claimed it was suitable for people of all sizes and abilities. If they make claims like that then people will call them out on it.
  • Like 1

I still think its good - the more companies getting involved in trials the better - surely? I know claims come out that maybe are a bit silly - and watching some of the huge stuff from Damon - i can't see this frame being his choice - but for comp riding or such it may help! I would assume more companies bringing frames and kit out would help the cost side of things being driven down. I love the design, big interest as to see how it fares! Good Luck!

Riding comps is just as hard on your bikes as riding street. I dont get why people think that this frame "would last longer riding comps".

Ive scraped my bike down rocks a lot more than walls tryng to get up them.

Im sure I have my bike in a hook position a lot more in comps than on street, putting way more stress on a frame. Comps are a lot harsher on parts in general in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

in my apprenticeship there was a nice example from my teacher in material sciences:

we had sheets and tubes from alu,ti and crmo and were told to bend them to a certain ammount(there was a test apparatus for that on which you could adjust the bend).

alu lost the battle with three times less the load intervals than crmo(same diameters and wallthicknesses),ti won(surprise)

i think it makes no sense to build a frame thats supposed to flex from a material that is starting to become brittle from the first load induction onwards...

wasnt aimed on your post,josh.just my opinion about the crossbow idea

Edited by FamilyBiker
  • Like 1

in my apprenticeship there was a nice example from my teacher in material sciences:

we had sheets and tubes from alu,ti and crmo and were told to bend them to a certain ammount(there was a test apparatus for that on which you could adjust the bend).

alu lost the battle with three times less the load intervals than crmo(same diameters and wallthicknesses),ti won(surprise)

i think it makes no sense to build a frame thats supposed to flex from a material that is starting to become brittle from the first load induction onwards...

wasnt aimed on your post,josh.just my opinion about the crossbow idea

Even if it was aimed at my post, I would of agreed with you :P.

Not too sure on the whole concept, but I do like the overall look of the frame. If he kept it like that but used a standard rear end, I think it'd look awesome, especially with the front triangle idea.

why wouldnt jaf try that idea in a no-cheese version,i´d be looking forward to seeing it?!

edit:especially because the normal rear triangle would make a rim brake setup possible,one of the big downsides of the crossbow

Edited by FamilyBiker

I like it! it seems like a good idea, for example for comp riders

it could be strange to ride them, but it can be good as well

someone mentioned that they state everyone can ride it, so Damon should brake it in 5 minutes

It is marketing. There is only a few people who rides like Damon, but there are loads of not pro riders. its only marketing