26" rim choice

LEON

I have the echo tr rear rim, it's drilled and is double walled. It's good for grinds, and smooth rim also. It's held up to my riding well and I've not managed to give it a proper dent yet. I'm a very heavy lander too, so your 180 degree sideways gaps or whatever you call them should be fine with it.

Sure it has holes in it but it's a small price to pay imo.

Ok. I'm not clued up on trials rims. I'm obviously looking at the wrong ones.

Can someone link me to where i can buy these rims?

Must be 43mm max

Must be double wall

Looks like it's gonna have to be drilled.

I remember I had a trialtech drilled rim on the back years ago. That seemed decent.

Ta

The echo tr rim is 44mm... If you are able to go that extra mil further it's worth getting.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_rear_rims/echo_tr_rear_26_inch/c25p10715.html

Just noticed this inspired team rim at 36mm, found it in the front rims section though. Widest I can find in terms of "streety" rims.

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_front_rims/inspired_team_26_inch/c518p11488.html

Hope that helps dude.

cheers. the inspired is as wide as What I've got but the echo could work. it'd push my brake clearance to the limit though and I might even have to trim the pads.

Just need to check how far out my slaves are gonna stick.

Cheers

He was yes.

I sent him 2 or 3 messages about it.

When I first messaged him saying I'll take it he said he'd rather send me pics first. so I said ok, never got any pics.

Then I read he might be at Radfest so I messaged again and suggested getting it there. No answer.

He's been posting on here since so I give up.

Right I'm on my phone so i can't browse very efficiently.

Am I missing something with these TR rims? Tartybikes says they're single wall, are you talking about older double wall models?

Ali those rims would be a dream if they had a braking surface! All their rims are disc only aren't they?

Stiffy AL40s are great, but for a rim brake, only the 2010 model because the new ones have rounded sidewalls which would just be weird. I've contacted spank and luckily, they have a few of the 2010s kicking about. Be prepared to wait ages for shipping though.

• Like 1