26" rim choice

LEON

I need a new rim on the back.

It can't be a super wide rim, clearance is tight, but it's gotta be 38mm-42mm wide and have a braking surface.

After looking through the modern ones the only ones in this size range seem to be single wall front rims, I can't use a single wall as it's going on the back.

I'd rather it wasn't full of holes but I'll consider it.

DH rims are all disc only these days and I can't find an Alex DX32 anywhere so it looks like I'm stuck with a trials rim.

Recommendations? Not too fussed on weight but it's gotta last.

I've got a dx32 in the shed you can have dude for the price of postage, its straight, on an old hub I used for practicing wheel building, so the dish is a mile out due to wrong length spokes. Its yours if you want it :)

The usual reasons, sick of tyre roll, I do a lot of 90/180 degree harsh landing stuff & a wide rim makes it much easier for the tyre.

I've got a Dmr Backline rim at the moment and the tyre still folds out and I've got room for up to about 42mm so why not? Loads more tyre stability for a few grams.

But at 40 odd mm they're either disc only or full of holes/single wall.

Edited by LEON

I can't fit 47mm between my pads. The matching front is no wider than what I have now either.

I just can't trust a single wall rim, if it HAS to be drilled, then it has to be double wall.

I'm quite heavy & I'm not nice to my bike.

Well I'm on 35 at the mo, so 36 is pointless, 38mm (a DX32) seems the only option that's not drilled to shit, but they're all either 36 hole or molested with a grinder.

Ideally 40-42 would be nice.

But they're all single wall & full of holes.

I've owned both of Dmr's rims & I think their brake surfaces are crap, so something new would just be nice.

Edited by LEON

Echo TR is all you need!

IT'S SINGLE WALL.

Trialtech undrilled?

Can only find rear undrilled, too wide.

http://www.rocknrollbikes.com/trials/wheels/rims/onza-26-48-or-43mm-hog-rear-rim.html

I know that you only have a max rim width of 42mm but this rim at 43mm is realy strong and will stand up to lots of 90/180 landings.

Interesting...43mm would just about fit, price is decent too, cheers!