TF Movember 2013

Tom Booth

Back on topic, did you get fingered Dave? :P

Nope, all I ended up having done was my blood pressure when I went in. Apparently the first port of call is a blood test which they only do if there is early signs (things like an increased need to urinate, straining while urinating and a feeling your bladder has not fully emptied) as the blood test isn't specific to prostate cancer and may give a false result. Everything else was just a general q+a about my general health, alcohol intake, etc... along with blood pressure, height and weight and cholesterol levels but again they tend to avoid that unless there's cause for concern.

I'm definitely glad I went in though, the nurse said I was the first person she'd ever seen for a well person checkup who was actually doing Movember so I was pretty proud of that. Definitely say it's worth going in just to talk about what to look out for if nothing else, how can we promote awareness of mens health if we're not gonna check out our own?

• 2 weeks later...

Still cant put a picture up but as an update i have now grown to dislike my tach. Its become itchy and annoying but for one month a year i will happily suffuer the discomfort. Oh and the lads at work that have joined in with me we are all getting fed up of the village people references. Its bad when you walk in a room and everyone starts signing ymca at you (but still a little funny)

• Like 1