LONDON - Ozonys Street Meet - 15th March

Jake.

If I'd have known I could've been cashing in on this for a few years :P

In case anyone can't work that out - Mark made the map that Ozonys used. They asked us where to ride in London, I had no idea, asked Mark for a few ideas but he made a map! I sent it to Ozonys just as an example but they chose to use it in it's entirety.

Stan and I will be heading down on Saturday, see you there!

In case anyone can't work that out - Mark made the map that Ozonys used. They asked us where to ride in London, I had no idea, asked Mark for a few ideas but he made a map! I sent it to Ozonys just as an example but they chose to use it in it's entirety.

Stan and I will be heading down on Saturday, see you there!

Ooft that's a bit off.

I should be down on the Saturday too, I'll be on an all black ozonys curve 26", slick tyres and echo forks that are half sprayed white (vom).

Big rides in all cities seems to have been lost. I blame the trains for being shit all round, city councils for making parking a massive f**king faff for anywhere free and buses because they are useless for people with bikes who dont want to ride them long distances.

how many people came to the legendary london ride 01/03/2009? must have been more than 100 easily.

shame i wont be able to make it guys, have a gooden

I get what you are saying ash, it's been ages since we've had a decent Leeds or Donny group ride. Can't wait to get out on one again. Unfortunately London is a bit of a hike for me, and train costs too much unless I book miles in advance

Don’t worry man, it's not you. It’s a Triboulats Brothers hatred/snobbery thing.

If it was anyone else running the street ride everyone would be foaming at the gash.

What's with all the triboulat hatred? I've never really paid much attention to them, they seem a bit showboaty for me

Not at all, back in the day (here we go) there used to be a massive London ride every weekend - all it takes is a little organisation and willing, shame it seems to have been lost in the past few years.

Ah yes, I remember those rides. It was like that all over the country don't you know :P The key places for rides going on and getting a good number of riders were:

London

Portsmouth

Bristol

Oxford

Reading

Plymouth

Birmingham

Leeds

There were probably other locations too.

These were good times.

I miss those days :'(

I'll be coming along, possibly Sunday too.

Edited by Nick Manning

Well up for this!

And I get what you're on about Sam, so good that Ozonys are letting us use London for FREE this weekend!

In all seriousness though, As a London based rider, I'd love to see more rides happen here! Especially now the weather is starting to look decent! Used to be tons, we've got pretty slack at getting our sh*t together.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday! Might be able to head out for more fun on the Sunday too!

• Like 1

Don’t worry man, it's not you. It’s a Triboulats Brothers hatred/snobbery thing.

If it was anyone else running the street ride everyone would be foaming at the gash.

Not sure who you're referring to here but I don't recall seeing anyone hating on the Triboulat's in this topic. I made a joke about them offering it to us for free and that was about it.

I'll be there getting my photo taken with Yohan (Y) :bow:

Hate to be 'that guy', but when it says "free session", it doesn't mean free as in costs nothing, it means free as in anyone can come along, it's not an invite-only kind of deal. It's a translation thing - would probably have been better translated as "open session".

• Like 1

Hate to be 'that guy', but when it says "free session", it doesn't mean free as in costs nothing, it means free as in anyone can come along, it's not an invite-only kind of deal. It's a translation thing - would probably have been better translated as "open session".

Awwwwww :(

You suck, Swales.

Are you going to be engaging us with your presence?

• Like 1

Like Sam said, I don't really see any "hatred/snobbery" in here? Your last sentence is possibly accurate though, simply because if someone else did it they'd presumably do it differently, so it'd appeal more/less to people...

Haha whatever I do or say in this thread seems to be wrong, this is why I won't make riding threads.

I didn't mean anything by it, just joking about paying for a 7-spot Google maps print screen :P

• Like 1

Awwwwww :(

You suck, Swales.

I'm going to assume that's another mistranslation and that you mean 'thank you'.

Are you going to be engaging us with your presence?

I can't make it unfortunately, I'm busy. When is it? :P

But seriously, no, I won't be there. It's my best mate's 30th this weekend.

• Like 1

Not sure who you're referring to here but I don't recall seeing anyone hating on the Triboulat's in this topic. I made a joke about them offering it to us for free and that was about it.

I'll be there getting my photo taken with Yohan (Y) :bow:

Like Sam said, I don't really see any "hatred/snobbery" in here? Your last sentence is possibly accurate though, simply because if someone else did it they'd presumably do it differently, so it'd appeal more/less to people...

I didn't mean anything by it, just joking about paying for a 7-spot Google maps print screen :P

Sorry, I didn’t mean this thread in particular.

Most of their videos get slated - that’s what I was on about. It always seems like they're looked down on as riders for their riding and the bikes they ride and the way they name their YouTube videos.

haha... very true sam! Could've used sunglasses on Sat, not because the weather was great, but for the intense bike saturation! Haha.

Had a great ride on Sat though, was good seeing a few familiar faces and meeting some new riders! Cheers everyone for making it happen!