Abel Mustieles not sponsored by Ozonys anymore

stirlingpowers

I can't wait to see what his next moves are in regards to his own brand etc.. I'm not sure about the name clean I've also heard other names for his brand..

As for style I think he has a cool style but benito IMO has the best style and again IMO the best 20" rider of all time and I think any brand would be lucky to have him on board.

James

Nice styles are more easily marketable :P If you have two riders, both doing the same move, one with a nice style and one with a horrible style, riders are usually going to be more interested in watching the guy with a nice style, and consequently are going to be more likely to want to run the parts he runs.

I know this, but we talking about Benito, a true pure trials rider, not a hipster Inspired wannabe nowadays.

And by this im talking about guys that buy bikes just to hang with them on the street, but no riding at all, and then come to this forum to sell them unused.

I only think Benito does not use is potencial to promove himself worldwide, same as Gilles.

• Like 1

I wasn't judging him as I wasn't even speaking about Benito personally, just a reply to your "Who cares about style?" thing. I was saying that for a company to want to sponsor someone, they have to consider them as being marketable so they will actually be able to make some sales and make a return on whatever they're investing in that rider. People who make riding look good are more likely to make people watch them, and consequently make them want to run what they run.

EDIT: Forgot to say before, but I don't agree with Dave at all about Benito's style. When I first started riding mod I really liked the way he rode because the way he approached stuff was different to almost every other rider, and even now he's still got that weird slow-pedalling-ultra-springy style thing going on.

• Like 1

Benito Ros has amazing style on a bicycle (Dave you ride a bike like your on day release from happy land) but he is a competition rider so style is arguably useless if placing well within biu's or uci's is whats important to the sponsor.

Abel is an amazing rider to watch and i'm sure he will still continue to dominate no matter what piece of aluminium (or carbon) is between his legs.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I know this, but we talking about Benito, a true pure trials rider, not a hipster Inspired wannabe nowadays.

And by this im talking about guys that buy bikes just to hang with them on the street, but no riding at all, and then come to this forum to sell them unused.

I only think Benito does not use is potencial to promove himself worldwide, same as Gilles.

This.