Homemade parts and repairs thread

brakelеss_ftw

I'm using a valve stopper or whatever they're called from the threaded type tubes to act as a washer for my rear magura clamps.

Works perfectly.

I've also used insulation tape as a spacer before

Edited by Jake.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a rawl plug and screw to fix a stripped magura clamp. It lasted about a year until the bike got stolen. When I got the bike back they'd fixed it.

I remember that joe. It was the king of all bodges

• Like 1

At the moment I am running ABS on my front brake, it is kicking back nicely, does not let the wheel to block for long time

Although probably it is A pads or B pads biting to the holes C no one knows, so it will be changed for sure

I think my most ridiculous bodge to date was about 4 years ago when I was rushing to get a bike built in time for the DJ ride. Was a full on donor bike, the frame was cracked all over etc. The only part that I couldn't seem to source was a set of mod 4 bolt forks.

However,

A good mate Darren had purchased all of revell's remaining stock, and he had shit loads of 26" forks... I think you can tell where this is going.

Fair bit of measuring later I cut a small section out of the bottom of both legs and got them welded back together from another mate. Rode them for 2 weeks with absolutely no issues, they're still about somewhere.

• Like 1