Car programs past and present

Danny

I thought it stick a list in here of all the car shite I watch/watched as it may be of interest to some. If you've got any recommendations please stick em in.
Generally i prefer the programs that go more into the mechanical/engineering side of things.
- More entertainment than car
- Strangely boring
- Finished but some nice restorations
Cars That Rock (Brian Johnson) - http://www.questtv.co.uk/shows/cars-that-rock/
- Great if you wanna know about the history behind various car marques
- Strangly alright. I shouldnt like it but i do. Old american hot rod stuff
- Some of the things they make are cool but a bit too much fake drama
- Good if you removed Mike Brewer from it. Too cheesy.
- Old but good if your into the mehanical side of things
- Truely awful show. Can't stand the main guy. American junk
- Restore cars for people with 'a story'. But they are fairly details on the mechanical side of things
- Not really cars at all but good on the engineering side of things

Wheeler dealers is ruined by mike brewer acting like he's got his first pair of proper underpants after potty training, everytime he sees a car once it's finished. What a tit.

Best car program I've watched on TV in recent years is the Sir Chris Hoy tribute to Colin McRae. It was genius. A man who is proper into cars and genuinely loves it, not like Idris Elba on that other thing

Edit:

Best bit is Jimmy McRae taking Chris out in the Sierra cosworth

2nd Best bit about this is Ken Block doing donuts for Chris Hoy underneath the Vulcan Bomber XM603 at BAE woodford

Edited by bing

Roadkill needs watching if you haven't already. (YouTube series of 20 minute episodes that come out about once a month)

Link: http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL12C0C916CECEA3BC

While you're on YouTube 'project binky' by bad obsession motorsport's well worth a watch.

Link: http://m.youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport

I like American Hotrod. Especially the early ones.

Yeah so do I. Boyd and Dwayne are pioneers in the American hot rod industry, it just got a bit American chopper with all the arguing, then Boyd sadly passed away

Wheelers dealers is cool. I like how they really get into some of the technical aspects of cars and how stuff is done not "right this has been fitted and this is what it looks like now"

It's just the horrible acting of when Mike is "bartering" with the sellers/buyers that really ruins it. He's not really like that in person lets face it.

Wheelers dealers is cool. I like how they really get into some of the technical aspects of cars and how stuff is done not "right this has been fitted and this is what it looks like now"

It's just the horrible acting of when Mike is "bartering" with the sellers/buyers that really ruins it. He's not really like that in person lets face it.

I feel so sorry for Ed in that program.

He literally slaves away fixing these cars that are sometimes shitheaps and filthy, once he's put all this hard work into it Mike just f**ks off down the road bombing away saying how ace the car is and Ed's just left there on his tod. Always wonder if maybe he's really into cars but doesn't actually have a license

• Like 2

I feel so sorry for Ed in that program.

He literally slaves away fixing these cars that are sometimes shitheaps and filthy, once he's put all this hard work into it Mike just f**ks off down the road bombing away saying how ace the car is and Ed's just left there on his tod. Always wonder if maybe he's really into cars but doesn't actually have a license

That's where you would be wrong, you know Ed China's mate Paul who helps out occasionally? Well it's actually Paul who does most of the work off camera and Ed does bits for the camera.

No, he's almost exactly like that irl. I haven't seen too much of wheeler dealers, but in fairness to Mike, he's a good guy and can be quite funny at times. Although I did once give him a chilli from my curry and he almost died chewing on it. I've never seen a man suffer so much.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

• 2 weeks later...