How do you warm up before a ride?

ericbenjaminjr

jack and dan pretty much said what i meant,didnt think about dynamic stretching though,but thats kinda what you do when just moving to warm up :)

edit:dammit,did igot caught by that profile pic running gag thats apparently going on here?

haha

Edited by FamilyBiker

jack and dan pretty much said what i meant,didnt think about dynamic stretching though,but thats kinda what you do when just moving to warm up :)

edit:dammit,did igot caught by that profile pic running gag thats apparently going on here?

haha

well you do dynamic streching on your bike so evidently the answer is to start on small stuff and procgress

To warm up Jack Dickinson aka stevie wonder boils the kettle and pours it over him prior to going out riding.

38 year old, i swing the arms a lot(my shoulders are killing me) some squarts and small jump...some light balancing stuff, a few small jumps and a little streching and im good to go. Proberly 5-10min...then increase the riding level,and after 30min its on....

Edited by dk2

Thats pretty much me. My neck shoulders and upper back on my left side which is my weaker side. From what I gather from the public experience I can start riding to my spots. Bunny hop curbs on the way, then start mild and increase gradually. I've also heard about the stretching thing being vintage medicine. Especially for sports requiring strong short bursts of muscle power.

I love streching, it allows me to move my body ;-)....I find it that the more flexible you are the less prone to injuries you are...in the end just ride the damn thing and have fun...

Well i find light stretching, cycle about for while until heart rate is up and muscles warmed up before i start doing proper trials moves. Get home foam roller myself out any tight spots and recently been having a protein shake when i get in, no more sore muscles and go out on bike on regular basis

32 years old and just fought off cancer over winter time so my body is proper frail and in need of tlc but i miss my bikes too much

• Like 1

I use the medieval method of warming up by putting live chickens under my armpits to soak up all my sin. I then throw them in the air like a loving embrace (but the opposite) and chant ' Jimmy Jimmy bum and willie, give me frilly knickers tonight'. What this does is bless you and your bike for the next few hours before you have to sell your soul to the devil so that you can ride again.

Edited by TOMTRIALS123

I blame the warm up. Try putting the chicken down first :P

Ah, but I threw them away in a loving embrace

Edit: ^^^ what I just said doesn't make sense. Whats another word for embrace but the opposite? C'mon TF English nerds!

Edited by TOMTRIALS123

I usually get out the car,jump on my bike,do a tiny gap then slip a disc...if I'm really unlucky its a new one.

I don't think people realise how much trials kicks the shit out of your body. I'm 32 this year and now forced to quit thanks to multiple disc issues in my back.

Get stretching boys and girls!

I usually get out the car,jump on my bike,do a tiny gap then slip a disc...if I'm really unlucky its a new one.

I don't think people realise how much trials kicks the shit out of your body. I'm 32 this year and now forced to quit thanks to multiple disc issues in my back.

Get stretching boys and girls!

Dynamic streching*

Also what even is a dic? Ive heard of them and i think there in the lower back but thats it