Magura Cockpit Integration

Rusevelt

I had dreams of a system almost exactly like this years ago - super cool that someone's made it real.

Major downside of rear hose unquestionably getting torn in the event of a front-end-spinning crash though. I reckon it's more likely to damage it than a crash with traditional routing, despite much less of it being exposed.

I think the basic premise was that your steerer would snap off quickly enough that whether you over rotated your bars wasn't a problem.

That was the "Monty Steering Stop System".  Think it was basically just a threaded hole in the steerer that you tightened a bolt or something into that then mashed into the frame and stopped the forks from rotating fully?  Not sure on the details as I never saw it in person, but that was the premise.

Monty's SSS also fits in with that Magura setup of drilling holes in things in places I wouldn't really want to drill holes in things :P

• Like 1

Could you not have a cam shaped headset spacer with a short post on that comes in contact with the frame when the bars end up round the frame end? If that makes sense, clamp it with the headset spacers and it just hangs down around the head tube and turns with the bars, just stopping it from a full rotation and shreading your hoses..

That's effectively what the trek knock block is, there are keys on the stem and special headset spacers that interface with a specific headset top cap. The top cap has an annular groove that stops against a little block that is bolted to the top of the top tube.

You would need to mechanically key it to the stem or steerer tube, clamping friction wouldn't be enough.