Unite the tribes

jamesb

I had a lot of trouble with this one. I've been struggling with myself more than usual, in part because of the loss of future plans due to the virus. I was originally going to use sad mumble rap for the video. I even finished some dark edits using Lil Peep and Bones songs - but I felt a little ashamed uploading those to youtube. Then I came across an old passion, folk metal. So I used this song, Hope by Eluveitie. "Unite the tribes" is a lyric in another Eluveitie song, and it felt fitting to my style of riding. A blend of everything. blah blah here's the vid...

• Like 7

Some absolutely brilliant stuff in there, not quite sure where to start. But the last line made me go "wow". I think I wouldn't even have seen it! :D
Also, did the picnic table survive? :P

And thanks for reminding me that I missed the Eluveitie gig a few months ago haha

That was ace :)

I really love multiple barspins that just get thrown once and caught at the end. The flurry of hands that most riders do doesn't look that great, but what I'm going to call "Nyquest Style" because he's the main guy I know of that does it just looks rad. Like... It seems like it's all gone wrong, but turns out to actually be completely under control.

I really like the relatively normal bike aspect too. Been thinking about something for fun that could also be transport as a second bike for a long while now, but not done it. One step closer to wanting it now ;) 

• Like 1

On 2020-05-15 at 10:47 AM, Davetrials said:

What bike are you riding james?

It's a Trek ticket. I built it up with my dream spec. It's the first bike I built completely how I wanted from the start. Pike, I9 hub, chromag bars, code brakes etc. There is a (slightly dated) bike check on my yt channel.

• Like 1