The Little Wheels Thread

Sameer

Regular fufanus on a slippy metal 5ft quarter I can do, opposite I can't even do them on a 2 foot quarter that is made of wood! Just can't turn my body that way, opposite disasters no problem but from a stall no way!!

Tom

Regular fufanus on a slippy metal 5ft quarter I can do, opposite I can't even do them on a 2 foot quarter that is made of wood! Just can't turn my body that way, opposite disasters no problem but from a stall no way!!

Tom

Try doing opposite tail taps then it should come fairly easy after that.

It wasn't that we were complaining about incorrect terminology, it's just that you were talking about a trick that's way easier than the one done. It wasn't an amazing video, but there was some cool stuff in it. 'sides, web vids like that are just to help promote future video projects 'n' so on, and judging from the sent-ness of that truck hop and the whip, it looks like Corey Martinez is probably out right now, getting even better.

Bar End trails in Winchester, big air by ian ward

Ah have had many a good ride at Barend, the scariness of riding the lines there still hasn't died off and I've been there 5 times already this spring/weird early summer. Awesome locals too.

Why isit that most bmxers prefer to 180 out of something, fakie for a little bit, then 180 again so there going direction they started off going? Surely a 360 in the first place would be mucho easier?

Why isit that most bmxers prefer to 180 out of something, fakie for a little bit, then 180 again so there going direction they started off going? Surely a 360 in the first place would be mucho easier?

because going backwards is cool and making it easy isn't the point.

Think about it though. If you're doing a grind, if you 360 out of it that's way harder than doing a 180 (twice as hard? :P). That wall-bank-wall in the London video I hopped up and 180'd off, I wanted to get the 3 (although didn't get time in the end), but it was way harder because the way you do a 180 off stuff you tend to slow it down to stop over-rotating, and you can spin less and still ride out of it, whereas with a 3 you have to spin like hell and have to get it properly spot-on, or it'll look shit.

I find 3 bunnyhops pretty easy, but I still find it easier 180'ing out of stuff.

I find 3 bunnyhops pretty easy, but I still find it easier 180'ing out of stuff.

most people's 360 hops are rarely real 360s if they're really honest with themselves - a fair proportion of the spin is done on the ground during the wind up and if you're cheeky a bit more happens when you land too. Not saying they don't count, it's just that you're not doing a full 3 in the air.

Trying to get one where you dont have a few feet either side to wind up is a different matter entirely. I don't reckon there's very many people (who don't get free bike bits) could do one at speed along the top of a wall or something. Out of a grind its the same principle - you get no wind-up so you've got no momentum for the spin.

I can do them on narrow-ish stuff. Obviously not super narrow stuff, but I can do them on relatively narrow stuff. Since I got my new frame I can do 3 hops properly level above cones pretty consistently too, which is nice. It's cool though, after trying them and being really incosistent with them for so long, it feels like I can just do them now. I've started doing them faster now as well, which is nice. Done them up a 3-set, but I really wanna learn a Chase Dehart-style bump-3 up steps. We'll see :P