How Much Psi?

spider

hey ! helo mates!

how much psi are you running?

i'm at 62kg and use a tubeless set-up(maxxis moabster tire, px 38mm bmf rim) so dont have to worry of snake-bites.

how much psi do i have to use? want to make better gaps and start some rails.

what's your opinion?

17pw1.jpg

my old zebdi...

Hey, I run about 30 psi in the rear, 25 in the front and it's nice and firm but will still feel controllable when on a rail etc. but I weigh about 75Kg ( hehe, fatty !) so just get your pump out and start playing around with different settings. :lol:

Just experiment really.

Personally I'd say between 20 and 30 psi. But obviously it depends on your style etc.

Your pic shows you riding street.. sooo probably 25 30 ish? It's a tough call.

I ride street and run 30 psi as a guide. I'm doing rails and rail gaps etc BUT not huge ones... if theres a particular big rail gap you want to try maybe you should lower your psi especially for it.

It's all about experimentation :lol:

P.S. Zebber looks sweet

The best PSI, is firstly one you feel the most comfortable with, use want you want.

In terms of performance you want to use the lowest possible to get better grip.

Try lowering your pressure until you end up pinching, then well dont go quite that low.

Even though i wont get a pinch puncture i dont like rimming out, so i get my pressure just low enough so that i dont rim out too much only on big drops or something.

Anywho, to be honest who cares just go ride.......

Changes in pressure probably wont produce noticable changes in performance. If i ever deflate my tyre i just pump it up till it feels about right, usually a bit higher then i can let a bit out when im riding till i like the feel.

Seb

I'm using 25 back and front. I find 30 too hard to get any bounce, but saying that sometimes i feel that 25 is also too hard :P

But yeah, 25 back and rear :D am gonna keep at that for a while :lol:

edit: im 11 and a bit stone if that makes any difference

edit again: Including my old one, iv only ever seen 3 white zebbers

My old zeberebdi

Edited by Sam@SouthTrials

I weigh about the same as you (about 65-70 KG) and I'm running around 16 - 18 PSI. This is with a Normal Innertube in a Maxxis Minion 2PLY Slow Reezay tire. I've been gapping to rail fine, no rimming out. But I've not had the chance to try a rail to rail gap to see how it holds up.

I think your gapping skill will affect the chances of rimming out. If you can gap well, and go quite far then you don't have to throw yourself as much (if you see what I mean :lol:), meaning a smoother (or lighter force) landing on the rail.

I'm new to rails too, only attempted 1.5metre (5 foot) to 1.8metre gaps (6 foot) and I've not rimmed out yet, and found that I've had good grip.

Try 25 PSI to start with, if you're not close to rimming out at all then lower the pressures, there isn't a set PSI level for gapping to rails, experiment :D

I'm currently running between 17 and 20 PSI in my rear and 15-20 in my front, and find this nice for all types of riding that i do.

As others have said, have a play and find what you are comfortable with, tyre pressure is a personal preferance. It may be worth taking a pump out on a ride and experimenting with different pressures until you find one you are comfortable with.

35-40 is where it's at.

After riding a BMX with 70-80 psi in a concrete skatepark, anything feels soft.

Gives loads of bounce on rails and you won't rim out.

And if you're using a half decent tyre (maxxis, tryall, michelin) you won't slip.

'bout 35 front and rear. That's running a rear Luna 2.5 and a front Max Daddy 1.85. Just feels nice. Any softer and it just folds and squidges about unpredictably when I'm riding natural/anything at an angle as opposed to straight edges.

I have a Continental vertical 2.3 on the front at 20psi, and Have a highroller 42a 2.35 on the rear at about 22 ish.

S'nice :P I can still spin 'n' stuff so I'm happy, I rim on drop gaps occassionally but ever since I have had this tyre I havn't had a puncture....should I say that :) B) B)

I'm about 78kg (over 12 stone!) and run 40 PSI in my rear tyre. Could never contemplate running lower than 30PSI or even less than 20PSI as some people seem to do because it causes rimming out and general folding over/squirmyness even though I have a relatively thick tyre on the back.

For the front it's less than this for comfort, but I don't know how much exactly because I tend to let air out after over inflating, and I find a point that gives some comfort through the front of the bike to my wrists, without allowing folding or general deformation which leads to lose of control.

I guess it's a personal thing really,

Steve

35-40 is where it's at.

After riding a BMX with 70-80 psi in a concrete skatepark, anything feels soft.

Gives loads of bounce on rails and you won't rim out.

And if you're using a half decent tyre (maxxis, tryall, michelin) you won't slip.

70-80?! I giggle at your puny tyre pressures 100's where it's at, gotta love how fast you roll at that kinda pressure...

Joe

had as low as 8psi in a maxxis for natural logs never pinched either! run around 20 psi in rear at a guess just pump it up then feel it to see what feels right. in front about 20-30 :rolleyes: