What Has Deng Been Up To Now?

Davetrials

you ride for what you wish feesable in thoery, the best offer wins, how i have done next year, i wont get paid no where near good enough but i would love to make it a dream come true one day that i get paid to ride my bike. but in all fairness from what koxx can offer me to what anyone else can offer me its the best thing im going to get, but what i dont like to see is people having opinions on things/parts that they have not tried and tested therefore where some lads get the wrong info :( but its all good, you will never know until you have tried or ridden things.

Porter, Dave and Bongo i love the set of you!!!!! this topic rocks!!! it has everything, a topic, with a title, a bit of info a bit of input and a whole load of LOVE!!!!!

Waynio..................

BIG GAY NAKED HUG!

is that what you give to everyone in your family on christmas day????

It's hard to gauge how weathly the trials market is i think. i compare it to bmx (sorry, i know i tend to go on about it oh so often now). You can look at it in 2 ways. On one hand, the trials market is very small so the companies have nowhere near as much income as bmx companies, which means that they aren't going to be able to pay riders anything like bmx pro's can sometimes earn.

But then you can look at it like this. Trials companies are few and far between, which means they have more of a tighter grip one what the consumers buy. There isn't 30 different companies for frames, there is basically 4 or 5 frame manufacturers, which also make most other components too. So maybe they are richer than i think and they actually can afford to pay a fair bit to riders.

I'm not sure what the current money situation in trials is....

john

dave mirra is one of USA's richest sportsmen along with tiger woods, michael jordan, tony hawk etc.

Don't forget he has a shitload of advertising campaigns, computer games, merchandise, and sponsors.

(he doesn't ride for haro by the way now.....currently unsponsored as far as his bike goes)

well lets see erm best riders going say ceaser and erm belay(vince and ot dont count they have there owm companies)

I was watching mircle boy and nyquist last nite and dave mirra is SILLY loaded and i no for fact those to trials boys are as well of as him.

the pi family is (probably) one of the richest familes in trials and hermance won't be skint - but compare to mirra they are skint!! But take a look at hans rey and ashton, they sure ain't loaded!

mike

hobnobs to me your coming across to being "a little out of touch" with trials. you cant expect riders to ride for FREE!!!!! hence why the price of some koxx parts may incur "a more expensive price" due to them having so many world champions, id like to see you "world champion" and ride for penuts!!!!! get me? or are you still going to be as short sighted as a zebra?

Companies don't sponsor people for fun :huh: You seem "a little out of touch" with the real world

Bealay etc are paid to ride because it's publicity for Koxx, not because they thought "hmmm those guys are World Champions, better whip out the cheque book so they can keep riding". By sponsoring riders they get more publicity which in turn means more sales which covers the riders' sponsorship costs so prices remain the same but turnover increases.

There are much better ways to justify those shitty prices than through World Champions...

Edited by Shaun H

trials is a sport based around copetition though, so a sponsor usually is solely interested in results. Koxx probably couldn't give a toss if benito was a stuck up nob turk, because if he gets results, he gets things sold, and so gets paid.

BMX, once again, some of the most well known pro's within bmx don't even ride competitions.

Trials is however different, and all about the comps. Normally...

john

hobnobs to me your coming across to being "a little out of touch" with trials. you cant expect riders to ride for FREE!!!!!

What so you're saying that they won't ride trials unless they get paid for doing it? Thats stupid, if i was world champion i wouldn't expect to be paid shit, of course i wouldnt complain i fi did get paid but i wouldn't not ride if no-one paid me.

hence why the price of some koxx parts may incur "a more expensive price" due to them having so many world champions, id like to see you "world champion" and ride for penuts!!!!! get me? or are you still going to be as short sighted as a zebra?

Great point of sale that is, ''Because we pay loads of world champions your going to have to pay stupid amounts for a frame that rides just as nicely as cheaper frames'' and before you ask. Yes i have ridden a koxx before. If you owned a shop and had more than enough staff to work there but you couldnt affprd to pay them what would you do? Sack a few or pump up the prices of what you are selling.

To be honest i think yo're the one thats ''out of touch'', yes I've not ridden as many bikes as you but i can see as im sure most people can that the more frames that come out on the market the better, you havent seen the material of this frame for all you know it could be a super lightweight compframe which would open more choices to people who would like to ride a long and low comp orientated frame?. Would you like to go to a competition and see everyone riding the same frame, and then go to a street ride and again see everyone riding the same frame just because theres no more on the market for them to buy?

hobnobs to me your coming across to being "a little out of touch" with trials. you cant expect riders to ride for FREE!!!!! hence why the price of some koxx parts may incur "a more expensive price" due to them having so many world champions, id like to see you "world champion" and ride for penuts!!!!! get me? or are you still going to be as short sighted as a zebra?

Hmm, you'd have thought that (for example) selling Levelboss 20" frames that cost $60 for them per frame at £380 or so (and before you say they've gotta cover R&D and stuff, the prices went up over time as well?), and then selling on loads of other rebranded catalogue parts at huge prices, and then selling stuff like brake pads with pretty substantial markups they'd be able to afford to have riders covered without raping the customers still? Ah well :rolleyes:

Oh and if a frame makes you ride better are you really going to ride a frame that feels crap and rides bad?

is it stronger than a deng frame? has mine broken? have i ridden mine more/harder than most people on this forum? obviosly not am a puff dont ride my bike i get em look at em and literally watch them corrode. come on mate stop seeing it one way. iv got a feeling your secretly deng ;)lol. hey i dont want you taking this serious i would like to know why your seeing it all one way? i wouldnt sit here and complain about echo/zoo parts/products cos i know they are good. but when you have ridden and used "so many frames" which an echo and a zoo are included in my selection. i get to know how things feel. (Y)

You seem to be "seeing it all one way" just as much as you think Hobnobs is? Yeah, you ride your bike loads - whatever, that doesn't mean people are going to instantly like the geometry or feel of the frame just 'cos you ride it? Different frames feel good to different people, so even if you've "gotten to know how things feel" that doesn't really mean anything to anyone else?

Meh, doesn't matter.

More choice is a good thing. Seems to be bringing prices of frames down which is pretty awesome. Notice how Zoo used to have Pythons retailling at near enough £400, and now they're getting by with them £115 less? Bit of a markup there ;) If they can slash their prices by that much, hopefully other companies will follow suit. *cough*Monty*cough*

I've got an idea, why dont we use the following ideas and name them zhi parts!

Steal the following:

Echo logo

Zoo's frames

Koxx's frames

Koxx's rims

RB's Boosters

Echo, Adamant, Middleburn bashrings

Echo's 05 and 06 cranks

KMC's chain

Koxx's grips

And there you go we've got our very own company - Why not? :blink:

What so you're saying that they won't ride trials unless they get paid for doing it? Thats stupid, if i was world champion i wouldn't expect to be paid shit, of course i wouldnt complain i fi did get paid but i wouldn't not ride if no-one paid me.

But you need to get paid as you cant hold down a job if your traveling round for comps and if you are a world champion you would expect to be paid well

i think all the frames on the market is great it makes the market more competitive pushes companys forwards to get new ideas such as CNC'ed parts to get above and so will move trials frames rapidly forward with prices consistantly challenged

joe elding you can look it how you wish, but your first line of reply is absolute bullshit!!!!! if you was world champion you wouldnt expect any money? thats the most amount of bullshit iv heard in a long time!!!!do you think vincent goes to his dad "dad dont worry i dont want any money i will let it cost me £thousands of£ to travel the world and get me noticed and i will make youer company loads of money" if you think that is real life ascenario wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!

onzaboymark i dont even wanna get involved!i see things from every angle and i have opinions that are not biased. deng has produced too many frames, that is my opinion which i feel is right cos the market is full of frames TOO friking many. obviosly not for you cos you dont ride your bike enough to understand that the lads that like new frames every now and again are finding it harder to choose things.

people are too blind and have shallow opinions on matters. im 22 not a friking 10-16 year old that has to be right all the time and thinks i know the whole world!!!! im still learning stuff every day at work, and its one of the things that most people will never have on here. cos there un able to see how people can make a living. it aint worth another post to be honest. so slate away at me. im not arsed.

if i was stood in front of you would you argue the same shit? or would you be quite quiet? the thing is there is lads on this forum that luckily live near me and dont take advice from most people on here, they will ask me, or i will tell them whats good/bad/to get or not to get and they will listen. i feel sorry for the lads on here that are advised wrong and get a shit end of a stik.

iv old them all not to believe anything that is put up on this forum as most of it is views from people that dont have half a clue or idea. some people do and have respectful posts and you can trust. but some of the posts are garbage.

Waynio.........................

ta ta am off out to ride my bike.

EDIT! ps mark:

Edited by Waynio