The Best Way To Avoid A Speeding Fine

PaRtZ

Make sure your doing 172mph+

I want to hit the camera at the top of our street with a sledgehammer, whens the best time to do it.

If you want to do it, go ahead, theres a fair few people that do it anyway, best time would be at night, wearing somthing on your face :D

can someone explain how he did that please? or is it a joke? :S a very gullable child here..

Police man put his date of birth down in the 'offecnce commited on:' box. And he wrote a letter saying how he couldn't have been speeding seing as though he was born on that day!

So it's not the best way to avoid a speeding fine, it's the best thing someone ever did to avoid a speeding fine.

Depends if you thinking about the 'speeding fine' as a reduction in money, or as the bit of paper. ;)

Yes, he's got the bit of paper, but he hasn't had to pay the fine.

Very philosophical.

Depends if you thinking about the 'speeding fine' as a reduction in money, or as the bit of paper. ;)

Yes, he's got the bit of paper, but he hasn't had to pay the fine.

Very philosophical.

Aaaaaanyway, the way i see it, none of this is funny or "Class", i mean how anyone can find someone getting out of this funny i dont know, this guy was potensially endangering life, how is it funny????

Just to check, you did actually read the letter the guy wrote, yeah? Or was your's just some slightly related info-burst? :P

Was an out-burst, i dont agree with speeding, no matter what the circumstances are :ermm:

APPARANTLY... (According to Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond) its is completely legal to put a box on top of a speed camera. Someone did it to a speed camera near me, which also ended up being smashed up as well... shame :rolleyes:

Was an out-burst, i dont agree with speeding, no matter what the circumstances are :ermm:

Even when the vehicle has blue flashing lights and a dieing person in the back? :-

Can you imagine if someone put a box on the camera, someone went 40 instead of 30 and hit a kid and killed the kid instantly? Could you imagine the papers?

What gives Jeremy Clarkson the right to go around and promote that sort of stuff, hes nothing but a twat. Fair enough, hes a very entertaining presenter but the world doesn't revolve around him and his fast cars. I wish the fat tosser would think before he opened his mouth sometimes.

Can you imagine if someone put a box on the camera, someone went 40 instead of 30 and hit a kid and killed the kid instantly? Could you imagine the papers?

What gives Jeremy Clarkson the right to go around and promote that sort of stuff, hes nothing but a twat. Fair enough, hes a very entertaining presenter but the world doesn't revolve around him and his fast cars. I wish the fat tosser would think before he opened his mouth sometimes.

90% of vehicle related injuries are due to people walking/running out into roads without looking, and from somewhere the driver cant see. I havent even been driving a year, but every, and I mean EVERY school day at least three groups of kids walk or run out with no prior warning in front of the car. Now, whether your going 30 or 40, if some kid runs out directly in front of your car, they are gonna die. No thinking time, no braking time, nothing.

Now lets add a speed camera. Very sensetive buggers, they are, so you have to make sure you dont top 30, which on a hill, where most speed cameras are, is very awkward. Your eyes stray down to the speedo every other second to make sure, which means, for 50% of the time on the approach and throught the speed camera, your arent even looking at the road. So then one of these kids runs out. You arent looking at the road, but your looking at the speedo. No reaction times, no braking. Thud. Dead.

Do you even drive!?

Having lessons, Test in Feb.

Although I don't think that whether I drive affects my point of view or not, as a pedestrian/cyclist I have a right to be safe. See, I'm not saying your wrong, infact your very correct, they do cause you to watch your speed more then your driving or any hazards infront of you.

As with the box on the camera, I'll use my cousin as an example here;

He is in the army, driving back to Deepcut barracks, and there were road works on one stretch of road, meaning that all the cameras had bags over them so he went about 40 in a 30 zone, which is acceptable. However, the next day, thinking the cameras were still broken he went 50mph, upon seeing the camera he slammed the brakes on and slowed right down although I think he got caught anyway.

But the point is that most people will take advantage of a camera that is out of order. What I was saying about Jeremy Clarkson was that he is a presenter of a show that hates speed cameras, fair enough, but with his celebrity status what gives him the right to promote putting cameras out of action?

Whatever your views on cameras you cannot deny that they don't do the job, they are intended to slow people down, which they do. However, the police do go a little over the top with the placing of them.

Everyone has a right to be safe whether on a bike, walking, driving, ect. Wouldn't you be pretty pissed if someone did 40 and knocked you over, narrowly avoiding death which POSSIBILY could have been avoided if he were doing 30?

Having lessons, Test in Feb.

Although I don't think that whether I drive affects my point of view or not, as a pedestrian/cyclist I have a right to be safe. See, I'm not saying your wrong, infact your very correct, they do cause you to watch your speed more then your driving or any hazards infront of you.

As with the box on the camera, I'll use my cousin as an example here;

He is in the army, driving back to Deepcut barracks, and there were road works on one stretch of road, meaning that all the cameras had bags over them so he went about 40 in a 30 zone, which is acceptable. However, the next day, thinking the cameras were still broken he went 50mph, upon seeing the camera he slammed the brakes on and slowed right down although I think he got caught anyway.

But the point is that most people will take advantage of a camera that is out of order. What I was saying about Jeremy Clarkson was that he is a presenter of a show that hates speed cameras, fair enough, but with his celebrity status what gives him the right to promote putting cameras out of action?

Whatever your views on cameras you cannot deny that they don't do the job, they are intended to slow people down, which they do. However, the police do go a little over the top with the placing of them.

Everyone has a right to be safe whether on a bike, walking, driving, ect. Wouldn't you be pretty pissed if someone did 40 and knocked you over, narrowly avoiding death which POSSIBILY could have been avoided if he were doing 30?

You don't seem to get what I'm saying... speed cameras will slow someone down, but in a very unsafe way... and only at the point of the camera... if someone wants to speed, they will find a way and a place to speed. I totally disagree with excessive speeding, but when it comes to a difference of 5mph, which in my car is around about a second in time of acceleration, especially down a hill, the last thing you want to be thinking about is stopping yourself going 1mph over 30. And before you say it, people do get fined for going 31mph.

What I'm getting at is that most of the people who get hit walk out, and so if you were going 20 or 50 you would still hit them. The focus needs to be more on stopping pedestrians thinking theyre bulletproof and getting them to use dedicated crossings.

As for being hit, I would rather be killed than put in a wheelchair...

When you start driving you will realise how dangerous and how much of a distration speed cameras are...