May Go 24" *not Another One I Hear You Say*

Rob_P

If Gary at Curtis made more than 1 frame a month, then Id got for one of those just to be different. But as he doesnt, go for a leeson. I own a curtis and I would be the first to admit that the leeson is better but I love my bike and it rides identical to a mates 24 leeson. Just be prepaired to wait and cough up the money, but you will not regret it!

New Photo:

IPB Image

The Geo of this first 24UK frame is very similar to that of an ET. Some subtle changes and new ideas have been tried, and the key things geo wise are a 10mm longer wheelbase and 10mm higher BB. We thought we'd take the opportunity to experiment slightly with the geo at first. But I have yet to decide on the final geometry for the batch of frames about to be made. From talking to riders so far, it might be the best idea to play safe and stick with the ET geo at the start up for the first batch of frames. I've got some geo details for the ET, but can anyone do some research to see what they think it is?

Frame design wise, the similarities with BT frames are well observed. This frame is made from the same grade of Alu, and the tubing geometries, junctions and gusseting (including some armour type gussets on the underside of the downtube to protect the BB and Head tube from impact) all conform to the BT frame design philosophy which has proven to give excellent long life.

Weight of this first frame is 2122g, or 4.68lbs. A sensible weight for robustness but without being tank-like!

I really want to make this street tough frame more affordable than anything similar that's gone before. The test is that the price be fair enough that I would buy it myself, and I'm notoriously careful with my money when it comes to Bike components! The price will be on my website when the info page goes up.

My aims are the following for this 24" frame compared to the now discontinued ET: Longer Life Frame, Better Price, Great Customer Care. Hopefully the bright blue with white decals is a fresh and fitting vibrant new colour scheme that matches our intention of injecting new life into the 24" scene.

The plan from here is that this frame belongs to a certain rider on TF who will be building it up from this weekend onwards. I won't name the rider for now so that he can have some peace from PMs etc to give him time to get the bike completed!

Friday evening I will be adding a info-packed page to my website on the 24UK frame. Including the complete geo of this first example and loads of close up photos. As you'd imagine, there is a considerable amount of money involved in placing the required minimum order of 10 frames. I imagine there will be plenty of riders interested in getting their hands on this frame first, so there won't be any hanging around. On my site, alongside all the frame details I will encouraging online preordering. If I can get the majority of the money upfront from this weekend onwards then it will really help grease the wheels to getting these frames here within the next couple of weeks.

For all future information on this frame, including the price - Check out my website from Friday, Jan 20th 10pm :)

Steve

Yeah ONE Bt cracked, firstly owned by Matt staples, Steve and Jack so it didn't really have a easy time :P

Steve: If all goes well funds wise I WILL be buying one, put my name down!! (Y) £220 :oB)

Edited by Rob P

It could be easy to get hold of one very soon. Tim at ExpressiveBikes is going to be bringing a 24UK from the first batch to Australia, with a view to making them available to buy in the immediate future.

Steve

looks fantastic any chance of it coming to australia ?

Rob. u best be getting one of those 24UK frames............

Steve, that frame looks awsome, if only i wasn't as big i would love to give 24 inch a try, but maybe as mikebike do custom stuff :P uber geo 24 inch, would be like mod for bigman :)

Adam