Vincent Hermance Loses Licence...

Lukeee

From babelfish:

Vincent Hermance forwarded to us a mall following a message posted on the l’accusant forum of doping :

"fédé the m’a withdrawn my licence for a too LOW CORTISOL rate following stresses and displacements.

They indeed supposed that this fall was related to a medicamentous catch d’ou my revocation of licence throughout complementary test. After these new tests they saw well that this fall was completely natural. The "escapes" come very from me which sought to explain to all my irritation compared to its multiple tests. Nobody would be well-informed if I n’en had not spoken. Then that was deformed and cortisol s’est transformed into hématocrite...

J’enverrai quickly the mail of fédé specifying that my results are normal and coming from stresses with repetition and of many voyages. Moreover I n’apprécie at all this rumour, if "antidopage" wants m’en to speak : qu’il m’appelle and I would explain to him personally but I suppose qu’il prefer to remain anonymous.

Vincent Hermance."

Thank you for these precise details and good season !

So it looks like he showed a low level of something or other due to lots of travel, and as a result his revolked licence was returned and all is well.

from google language translation

Fédé withdrew me my licence for a too LOW CORTISOL rate following stresses and displacements. They indeed supposed that this fall was related to a medicamentous catch of or my revocation of licence throughout complementary test. After these new tests they saw well that this fall was completely natural. The "escapes" come very from me which sought to explain to all my irritation compared to its multiple tests. Nobody would be well-informed if I had not spoken about it. Then that was deformed and cortisol was transformed into hématocrite... I will quickly send the mail of fédé specifying that my results are normal and coming from stresses with repetition and of many voyages. Moreover I do not appreciate this rumour at all, if "antidopage" wants to speak to me about it: that it calls me and I would explain him personally but I suppose that there prefers to remain anonymous.

vincent hermance

Trials unlike road cycling, is hardly the sort of sport where performance enhancing drugs are going to give you a significant advantage. when you are as talented a rider as Vincent, would you really need an extra advantage? Its nothing like road cycling, where there is still a strong doping culture. You have to be doing drugs better than the next man, or have had chemothrapy in the last 10 years to be of any significant use.

Trials unlike road cycling, is hardly the sort of sport where performance enhancing drugs are going to give you a significant advantage. when you are as talented a rider as Vincent, would you really need an extra advantage? Its nothing like road cycling, where there is still a strong doping culture. You have to be doing drugs better than the next man, or have had chemothrapy in the last 10 years to be of any significant use.

thats a pretty harsh thing to say, yes the riders in road cycling use some drugs, but to say that you have to have taken drugs better than the next rider is the stupidest thing i have heard. YES they take drugs, and im sure Lance's chemotherapy certainly didnt help him win the tour 7 times on the trot.

Please dont just re-iterate something you have read in some cycling magazine, much of the road cycling magazines are rumour mills just like the sun or similar newspaper.

ye i totally agree with the post above, what is drugs going to do to a trials person? it wont physically make them stronger? as if they dont have the technique power is nothing............no matter how long you can ride for it wont make a difference if you dont know how to physically put the extra power INTO your riding.

i dont understand french but it sounds like chris knows that its the opposite.

Waynio.......................

im sure it will cure itself easy enough.

EDIT: Steve Sturts post the above was based on :)(Y)

Edited by Waynio

when you are as talented a rider as Vincent, would you really need an extra advantage?

'Talented' or worked his arse off? I hate the word 'talent', it's just people's way of excusing themselves when somebody can do something they can't.

On the drugs front, I wouldn't think for a minute Vincent would use drugs, and it wouldn't make him a noticably better rider. And surely steroids and stuff like that would just build unwanted bulky muscle, making him heavier?

Although no doubt jealous fools will read one word of this thread and run round shouting 'Vincent does drugs!'.

thats a pretty harsh thing to say, yes the riders in road cycling use some drugs, but to say that you have to have taken drugs better than the next rider is the stupidest thing i have heard. YES they take drugs, and im sure Lance's chemotherapy certainly didnt help him win the tour 7 times on the trot.

Please dont just re-iterate something you have read in some cycling magazine, much of the road cycling magazines are rumour mills just like the sun or similar newspaper.

My father is a road cyclist and has some friends that race professionally out in Belgium. I have had it on good authority what it is they do. Theres a reason why the drugs they take are known as "Belgian Mix". If one top cyclist starts doping, then everyone else has to, just to catch up. Thats how it goes. Look at Marco Pantani. Lance even said it himself. If it werent for the cancer, he wouldnt be the cyclist he is. The treatment reshaped his body, and made him less top heavy. I was being sarcastic about the cancer to be honest, I have a dark sense of humour that tends to upset people at times. I dont agree with being PC.

In road cycling it is all about who can hide it the best. They nearly all do it to some level. My father will take pro-plus and drink coffee before a time trial, and hes just a club rider. thats standard practice.

In trials the drugs are pointless unless its fish oils to make your brain work better. The only reason they dope test is because its UCI, which goberns all cycling and has to remain impartial about the rules its sets out, for this kind of thing.

VERY overlooked when talking about steroids, is the Enhanced stamina sertain drugs can provide, along with faster repair of muscles / ligaments / tendons, the Greater ability to make use of the energy your body is carrying, and the better lubrication of joints.

Steroids don't JUST mean bigger muscles/increased strength.

Nobody has any idea who takes steroids / enhancing drugs. There is so many available to be used alone or alongside others, for a multitude of purposes, that you can't outrule him using them at all.

I have read only a selection of the comments, so i am not sayinig whther he has or hasn't, nor do i give a toss, but i am just letting y'all know that its quite possible that he has taken some kind of drug for some kind of benefit (Y)(Y)

john

bongo, say for example some young kid off the block who has just started trials take em, they wont make him champion in a day will they????? i know its different with a REAL world champion for example vincent or belaey or vinco etc etc. but surelyit could not improve you that much it would make like sooooooo mch of a difference? im just curious thats all. (ps im not going to try it myself :P ) would be nice to know more about it/them.

Waynio......................

probably summit to keep him awake to keep driving back home or summit :P he may have taken something very simple. for travel purposes. who knows :S im sure it will come out in the wash though (Y):D and everything will be kool.

Edited by Waynio

a beginner on drugs will probably be crap. a good rider on drugs will be a better rider.

vincent on drugs would mean 80" taps...

to me, trials feels like a sport that is not about being the best, but challenging yourself. sure, it's fun to win comps (not that i ever have) but it's not about that, is it?

i am pretty sure a lot of trials riders would fall for drug tests, but what did weed do good to a trials rider anyway?

(for starters, I indeed used to use steroids, so in my view i am pretty well qualified to give my point of view (Y). )

bongo, say for example some young kid off the block who has just started trials take em, they wont make him champion in a day will they????? i know its different with a REAL world champion for example vincent or belaey or vinco etc etc. but surelyit could not improve you that much it would make like sooooooo mch of a difference? im just curious thats all. (ps im not going to try it myself ) would be nice to know more about it/them.

Wayne long time no see hehe... I used a few types. At the same time, for muscle growth, joint lubrication and repair. It doesn't kick in quickly, i only noticed after 4 or 5 weeks, but once i noticed, besides packing on 2 stone of REAL muscle (not water), nothing i did to my muscles seemed to damage me. I found it increasingly hard to over train causing my muscles to hurt the next day. I recovered from everything stupidly fast. I had a lot longer on every exersise before my muscles were giving up. It is hard to explain but you really do fel totally different.

Because your muscles are lifting the weight easier, you automatically use less energy.

john

i know that i ain't the most popular of people at the mo but what the hell, it has been in my personal experience to know that in all sports the top riders (And it has been seen in this sport previously) have taken some forms of doping to enhance their performance, and when i say performance i don't mean that it will make there riding better it allows them to ride and train more which in the long term will make them stronger riders and more focused to win. i ain't sayin that vincent is guilty because i know him very well as a good friend however we all know the rules and regs of uci and trust they don't get tests like this wrong i have seen even world champion xc riders get banned and titles taken away and that was in the last four years. To Vincent i hope that he gets this matter resolved in the near future.

like someone said above,it could be something he used to keep him awake whilst travelling etc.i got banned from moto-x about 5 years ago when i was 14for 'steroid' use.i was 6 times over the limit.what they failedto rea;ise is that it was my hayfever tablets,and i wastaking 6 of them to get them to work,cause your body gets immune to them.i wouldnt be suprised if there were a fair few people using some kind of enhancement for riding,it happens in almost every other sport on the planet,so there's a good chance.

carl

Well, anyway, the post is alledgedly an email from Vincent himself, explaining blood test results, and saying the accusations had been completely wrong and misinformed, even though he highlighted the problem himself and will communicate directly with the french cycle federation. :ermm:

From what I've read of the articles (it was actually easier to read the french one than the google attempt at translation) this has nothing to with Vincent TAKING anything, more that his body is under so much stress its not producing enough of something. It sounds similar to a diabetic being banned from driving due to their sugar/blood levels.

I can certainly see why Vincent would be stressed. He is the only person on the Koxx team - which has numerous world champions and world record holders within it - who will be looked at in a different light from the other riders. No matter how good he becomes - and he basically is the best there is - there will still always be people who think, "He's only there now because his dad owns the company." I've just signed up to ride with Moment Designs and I'm stressed to pieces thinking I'm not good enough to earn my position on a team with the likes of Matt Staples and Joe Oakley. Imagine who Vincent has to compare himself to every time he rides professionally.

I think this could be a warning call to not only trials riders, but to all people who take their sport seriously.

Rich

EDIT: The only thing I havn't really understood from all this, is which license has he lost? His BIU license? His driving license? His small munitions license?

Edited by karsonlevoret

From what I've read of the articles (it was actually easier to read the french one than the google attempt at translation) this has nothing to with Vincent TAKING anything, more that his body is under so much stress its not producing enough of something. It sounds similar to a diabetic being banned from driving due to their sugar/blood levels.

I can certainly see why Vincent would be stressed. He is the only person on the Koxx team - which has numerous world champions and world record holders within it - who will be looked at in a different light from the other riders. No matter how good he becomes - and he basically is the best there is - there will still always be people who think, "He's only there now because his dad owns the company." I've just signed up to ride with Moment Designs and I'm stressed to pieces thinking I'm not good enough to earn my position on a team with the likes of Matt Staples and Joe Oakley. Imagine who Vincent has to compare himself to every time he rides professionally.

I think this could be a warning call to not only trials riders, but to all people who take their sport seriously.

Rich

EDIT: The only thing I havn't really understood from all this, is which license has he lost? His BIU license? His driving license? His small munitions license?

I think Vincent has more than proved himself against the other members of the team.

UCiiiiiiii license init!

That's what doesn't fit though. Cortisol is released WITH stress. It's actually pretty much the physiological definition of stress (Stress is anything that causes ACTH release, ACTH is a cortisol precursor). So it doesn't really make sense saying he's been stressed recently, because that would have the opposite effect. The other thing is that cortisol is protein catabolic and glucose anabolic, i.e. it makes your muscles weaker and you put on weight (fat). So having a lowered cortisol would almost certainly be beneficial in sports.

I ain't saying he's guilty though - Cortisol is really up and down anyway - when you sleep you basically have none/very little and when you're awake you have more. I think it peaks in the morning some time but I'm not 100%. I'm sure it's just one of those things that can probably fail tests on depending on what time you take a sample. I <3 VH :D