School Safety Talks

anzo

Ok, some firefighter or pig comes into school when you were about 6. Most exciting thing ever...of course.

But do you remember doing either of these?

IPB Image

IPB Image

I think the Stranger Danger one was only in Derbyshire. Teaching kids that anyone who walks past you in the street WILL kidnap you, WILL harm you and WILL rape you.

Edited by anzo

There was one lad in my year, it was about year 4 or something. This Pig came in and gave us a long talk about having sweets from strangers, and then the pig invited another man in with a bag of sweets and offered them around. Everyone took one, except this lad...We took all the sweet and then the cop said 'did you know him...blah blah blah'...pointless talk really.

I hated the lad though, do-gooder...willy.

I vaguely remember the never never club. The one which sticks in my mind the most though is the Rubin Club, some bloke came in dressed as a bin and told us not to drop litter, anyone else remember this?

The bin himself carried on sending me birthday cards til I was 16, which was quite odd :blink:

Edited by the judge

Ok, some firefighter or pig comes into school when you were about 6. Most exciting thing ever...of course.

But do you remember doing either of these?

IPB Image

I think the Stranger Danger one was only in Derbyshire. Teaching kids that anyone who walks past you in the street WILL kidnap you, WILL harm you and WILL rape you.

Hahahaha the NEver NEver club.. I was a member of that.. you had badges and a booklet i ust to keep my Home made referee Cards in :P

Memorys :rolleyes:

Craig....!!

Ahh , the memories... :)

Anyone remeber the Cycling Proficiency Test ? Looking back as a trials rider , this was funny as hell , involved tests like navigating through a course marked by cones and turning in a 5 meter circle ! :lol:

ahh happy days, the cycling proficiency course :)

I failed it first time for doing a wheelie during a right hand turn at a junction.

second time i passed, but was warned for pulling a skid <_<

Ahh , the memories... :)

Anyone remeber the Cycling Proficiency Test ? Looking back as a trials rider , this was funny as hell , involved tests like navigating through a course marked by cones and turning in a 5 meter circle ! :lol:

I remember that well, but only 'cause we had a "who can ride the slowest", and i won it by a mile. :D

Maybe i was a trials rider in waiting back then. :P

I can remeber some talk about electricity sub stations and how this kid got blown up because if got him self electrified.

I remember seeing a reinactment of a kid getting a frisbee from a sub station, pretty nasty but we thought it was cool back then. B)