Prototype

RR_Trials

Ok i was on the Onza website and was looking at there protoype bike.

Has any body else seen it? http://onza.com/site_files_flash/bikes_apr...ototype_mod.htm. The bike is a mod and i think that it would be nice if anybody who has seen it out ridden by an Once team member or just seen it on the website could chat about it with me i have taken a long look at it and when it comes out i would very much like to buy it.

What are your views on?:

• Its look
  • Its size
  • The way that you do not have to take the chain apart to take the chain off
  • Its weird looking chain stay

I think that the bike is really nice looking and i think it looks really sleek. If you like it how much would you be willing to pay for the frame or even the complete bike as shown in one of the pics.

Dose anybody know when it will be coming out or even is there an Onza team member on here that has had a little ride. I'm really interested in this frame/bike. What is our opinion

Thanks Rorz

Ben Slinger rides that bike, i think i heard it's in the final stages of testing, so it will be out soon.

Tom.

Yay!!!! wooah how much do you reckon the frame will be? I don't have a job and can't afford to much but onza's have always been affordable so far :-

The stays look rediculous, aren't they like that so you can stand it when removing the back wheel because it's desinged for street use?

I don't know whether it was the main aim or just a by-product but you can remove the chain without having to split it with a chain tool

I think it is indervidual to witch makes it a perfect candidate for me i want my bike to be different yet ride a bit like what i have now as i'm really streety :shifty:B) But we shall see i hope to god it is affordable as it will be perfect for me and many riders like me (Y)

I personally don't like it.

The stays look rediculous, aren't they like that so you can stand it when removing the back wheel because it's desinged for street use? Also how strong would those stays actually be? it is onza after all.

Dan

That is a great idea it would make, Fixing a flatty allot easyer, And in my opinion the chainstay is what makes the bike look so smoove :P(Y)

I don't know whether it was the main aim or just a by-product but you can remove the chain without having to split it with a chain tool

The lowerd stays:

* Allow you to run a much shorter BB (the cranks won't hit the stays like they would on a normal stayed bike).

* Allow built-in chain tensioners.

* Protect the chain

* Allows you to remove the chain without braking it.

I personly think the built in tensioners are pointless. It's just one more thing to go wrong. And you can just buy an 'external' one for 8 pund.

I don't really get the whole 'protect you chain' thing, becuase your stays will just get mangled instead.

Still don't understand why the stays allow you to run a smaller BB. :ermm:

But I like the idea of removing your chain without braking it.

I'd like to ride one, but on paper it sounds like a bad idea.

I've been wanting 'internal' tensioners for ages. Snail cams seem to be shit, and I got fed up of raping my BMX-style ones. It's a good idea - seems to be catching on in the BMX world now, too. All good stuff.

If you look at how the stays are scooped in, JT, you can see there's less shit for the cranks to hit, basically, meaning you can run a shorter BB because it won't hit the stays.

In fairness, Ben won the UCI 20" title on it, so it's obviously not a shit frame? If the dropped stays were some terrible idea that didn't work at all, I'm fairly sure they'd have cut their loses and just boshed some 'normal' stays on, yeah?

If you look at how the stays are scooped in, JT, you can see there's less shit for the cranks to hit, basically, meaning you can run a shorter BB because it won't hit the stays.

Yeah but if they can do it on the dropped stays, why can't they do it on standard stays. :huh:

Plus, it's the freewheel hitting the bb shell befor the cranks hit the stay anyway. So it dosn't really matter.

IPB Image

well if you ask me the stays have turned into the guard . . .. not good

UCI only eh ?

silly silly bike - keep it simple

get rid of the shit ooh don need to break the chain balls and keep everything else... i mean how many times do you need to break your chain ? most people = 0.

EDIT - haha silly sized photo hehe

Edited by manuel

Yeah but if they can do it on the dropped stays, why can't they do it on standard stays. :huh:

Plus, it's the freewheel hitting the bb shell befor the cranks hit the stay anyway. So it dosn't really matter.

It's due to the actual angle and therefore shape of the BB yoke.

I think it looks pretty damn lush. The chainstay, fair enough, tis different but that, in my opinion makes it better. It's different to the rest of the frames on the market and I'll perhaps get one when they come onto the market.

It looks as though it'll be a hit or miss for frames. Its all apart of moving trials frames forward. If this chainstay with internal tensioners is sucessful, you'll be seeing it on a lot of new frames.

Can't wait to see some prices...what do you recon? 200? 250?

Edited by anzo